Chapter 15

January 8, 2011 (6:55 pm)

Okay, so apparently I only have five minutes left on-line, thanks to the nagging people that live in my house, so I'm going to write as much as possible. Who knows where that would get me. I'm a moderately fast typer. Not fast, nor slow. Yeah, so I'm just going to stop babbling up here and start writing...

________________________

Dani's P.O.V.

When I ran home that afternoon, I was upset. I should've just done what Katie said while I had the chance. If he knew, then he wouldn't have said those things. Jace had hurt me, and that was one of the reason I didn't want a mate. I shouldn't love him anymore, but I do. It hurt even more because I do.

Like always, I went through the back door and was greeted by Cody sitting at the kitchen table. "Why do you always come home through the back door?" he asked.

"None of your business," I mumbled.

I was about to make my way upstairs when Ryan stopped me. "Mom and Dad went out of town for the day to one of Dad's co-workers funerals. They'll be back later tonight." I nodded and continued up the stairs, but before I was out of sight, Ryan stopped me. "Dani?"

This was strange. Usually, Ryan left me alone like everyone else. "Yeah?" I asked as I turned around.

He met my eyes. "You know if there's something wrong, you can tell, right?" No. If there was something wrong, it would involve werewolves, hence I could not tell him. Still, I couldn't give him the truth, so I just lied.

"Um, yeah. Sure, Ryan. I've got to work on my homework," I said.

"On a Saturday night?" Ryan asked raising his eyebrows at me.

Sighing, I nodded. "I'm tired," I said. "Last night took a lot out of me," I said. Okay, so that was the truth. Being shot and captured could take a lot out of you, but he thought I meant the gig. Really, it was a win, win situation. I told him the truth and kept my secret safe.

"Okay, night."

"Night," I told my brother.

About and hour and a half later, I was walking down stairs when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to find a police man standing at my doorstep. "Uh, may I help you, sir?" I asked.

"Miss Cameron?"

"Yes, that's me," I said slightly confused.

"I'm here to tell you something about your parents," he said and I stiffened. "May I come in?" he continued.

Something bad had happened. I nodded and led him to the living room. "Ryan!" I called.

My brother came in the room. He came in the room and looked at the police officer and paused. "Is something wrong, officer?" he asked.

The officer sat in the chair when my brother and I sat on the couch. He took a deep breath and told us. "I'm very sorry to tell you that your parents were involved in a car accident tonight. And, you see, your father died on impact and your mother died on her way to the hospital. I'm very sorry."

They were dead. Mom and dad were dead. Ryan's face was stone and I felt dizzy. This couldn't be happening! I shot to my feet and ran from the room. "Dani, wait," I heard Ryan call, but I didn't stop. I couldn't. This wasn't fair!

I ran out to the woods and stripped. I ran far and didn't plan on returning home that night. Things were different now. Without my parents, what was going to happen to me? There was no way I was going to be place in a freaking foster home. I was too different to be there. Neither would Cody or Ben go.