Chapter 24 [TLSW]

January 23, 2011 (1:30 am)

Really, I have no idea why I am writing this for you guys. I mean according to most of the comments I got, you all hate me... I'm evil... and you are disappointed in how I wrote the last chapter. Well if any of what I just said applies to you, why are you reading this chapter. Oh right, my writing is just too irresistible. You know I am such a nice person writing this for you guys after all those ungrateful comments. You all owe me big time.... plus if you don't get my sarcasm, then what I say half the time must really offend you. Well, it's not my problem so whatever.

__________________________

Jace's P.O.V.

She was dead. Dani was dead. My life had no meaning anymore.

Dani's P.O.V.

[yeah I know what you are thinking.... how can a dead girl have a point of view. Well, my friends.... it's called an after life.]

I was floating on top of a lake. It was peaceful like relaxing on a float in a pool. I looked up at the moon and stars and felt like everything was content. They shone brightly just they they should. It seemed everything was okay in my world right now. But if it was that content, where was my Jace?

He should be here. We are supposed to be together always. That's what being mates meant. So where was he?

All of the sudden, I hit the edge of something with a thump. Of course, it didn't hurt, but it was surprising. It was a shore line, well more of a lake line. I really was on a lake. All right? I got out and walked onto the land. Now I was in a forest. This was getting weird.

All of the sudden, a white wolf with blue paws, came out from the bushes and paused in front of me. Its ear tips were blue as well as its muzzle and tip of its tail. This wolf seemed peculiar, yet somewhat familiar to me. Now, I was confused.

"Danielle Nichole Cameron," it said in a deep voice. No way! It could freakin' talk? Wait I knew who this was.

"You're the Spirit Wolf from the Pawnee Native American tribal myths," I said in awe.

It laughed softly. "Do I seem like a myth to you?"

I shook my head. "They said that you came down from the spirit world sometimes or something," I said. "So why are you here, I mean if you don't mind my asking, you...um... godliness?" Was I dreaming?

It laughed again. "No titles, please. And to answer your questions, I'm not there."

The wolf's words hit me hard. That means.... Oh my god! "I'm dead," I squeaked. Then, I started to cry. It felt like I was going into hysterics. "No, no, no. I can't be dead. No. What about Jace. Oh my god! He's going to kill himself because I'm not there. Oh my god! I can't be dead. This has to be a dream. How could this happen? Wait, no. Scratch that. Damn rouge. This isn't fair. He needs me and I need him. Please, let me go back!"

"Danielle, calm down," the Spirit Wolf said.

"Why did you let me die? You're the only reason I am a werewolf. Was it your intent to have me die all along. Did I do something wrong?" I mean yes, I had a screwed up life. But what did I do that was worthy of a death penalty?

"No, Danielle," it told me. "It seems that I'm not as strong as I used to be. What with my people gone and all. Well, mostly gone. There is still a small community of my people up north near the Canadian border. There are like you. Werewolves."