Forbidden Enchantment: Chapter 18

[Okay so, this weeks edition of Forbidden Enchantment! *applause* haha. I don't know if you'll understand bits of it though, it's just I'm so in tune with these characters that they say things that may not make sense until the end. To be honest, I don't even understand bits of what they say; it just seems to fit. ::: BTW: Slow and steady wins the race. That’s the point where the story is at. If I go fast, I’ll lose the plot, it’ll go out of proportion and the characters won’t be able to keep up. Let’s not forget all the behind-the-scene stuff that’s going on that Heather doesn’t know about yet. Hehe. ALSO: I saved you all from a cliffy this time. :P]

Recap...

I slapped him in my mind, but didn’t say anything. Gathering the fabric in my hand, I yanked it up, jumping back.

My heart stopped, my breath hitching in my throat.

Two thick exquisite, black scars protruded from his back, forming an upside down V.

In an instant, I grabbed the door handle, and pushed myself out, going seventy miles per hour.

Chapter 18: Oh, Mommy

The second my shoulder made contact with the tarmac, I knew that this had not been one of my brighter ideas. Clenching my teeth, I continued to roll back from the momentum, bashing my body unable to control myself – like a ragdoll. I had swerved to the left, so I found myself rolling into the hedge growth. Slamming my back against the bare trunk, I came to a standstill, letting out a moan as I did. Closing my eyes, I grunted, rubbing my back.

A few short seconds later, I had gingerly picked myself up, inspecting my joints and muscles to see if anything had been broken. Safe. There were a few scratches and cuts, scattered through my hands and arms, but I was pretty darn lucky that was all I had suffered, although I had seen better days,

A few meters away, I heard a door slam closed.

‘Heather!?’ a frantic voice called, followed by the sound of footsteps. Cringing, my heartbeat piqued. Remind yourself why you jumped in the first place Heather, I told myself, deftly stepping further and further into the forest. Green moss covered every possible object as a few bird chirped happily in the distance, without a bother in the world. Hopping over stones, I lifted my arms in an attempt to balance myself through the precarious terrain.

The anxious voice followed after me. ‘Heather! Are you alright? Where are you!? I know you’re scared – but please, don’t be stupid! I won’t hurt you, I promise!!’

My pace quickened at his words, as I continued through the dense greenery, rather loudly. My steps were getting rougher, and quite a few times, I almost lost my balance. Fear spiked through my as I heard the footsteps follow mine, easily keeping up. But it wasn’t a human who was following me, was it? A.. thing, a fallen angel!? Part of me was telling me that this was all a lie; that angels – more or less fallen ones – didn’t exist. Well...maybe angels existed, but not fallen ones, those that looked like humans. Weren’t angels meant to be huge, with the whole halo thing, big, white, with wings? I shuddered as the memory of the thick black scars came back to me.

Pieces of the puzzle were starting to fit together but I didn’t want them to! I mean... I did want them to, but not like this! To the fact that the brinks of my sanity were tested!  Why... wouldn’t he be something else, someone else? And weren’t angels meant to be good? What did that make fallen angels!?

I knew I was at breaking point, with the sobs beginning starting to erupt from my chest. I wanted to get away from him, from everything. Mommy... Mommy, where are you!? I need you Mommy! I need the hugs, the kisses, the words that told me everything would be okay; the words that sang Nanita to me before I went to bed. I need you Mommy! Why aren’t you here!? Why did you leave me!? Mommy, tell me why.