Forbidden Enchantment: Chapter 30

• इन्हें समर्पित: Suzaan

May your dreams come true

There’s no need to cry

I will be with you....

And with those thoughts in mind, I somehow managed to fall asleep, a feeling of security around me when everything else was falling to pieces.

30.

I woke up groggily the next morning, my head feeling much lighter than it had been when I had fallen asleep. I took that as a good sign, that maybe I would be able to see things more clearly today when everything was rationalised in my mind. Ha, rationalised. Wouldn’t that be one of the last words you could use to describe this big fracas?

Groaning lightly, I lifted my head from the pillow expecting some pain from sleeping on the hardwood but instead, softness came. Confused, I tried to move away but a strong arm was wrapped around my back, clasping me to something. Still not fully awake, I was growing more and more confused until I turned my head to be met face-to-face with Aaron’s sleeping figure. Opening my mouth in shock I tried to wriggle away from him, but wasn’t very successful. He was much too strong for me, but the extent of his strength, I had yet to see.

At first, I tried to move down through his arm, but since his grip was strongest at the small of my back that wasn’t going to happen. Instead, I tried to crawl up through his arm. I lifted my legs slightly and pushed them upwards and latching onto the edge of the bed, I pulled myself out. Luckily my method seemed somewhat effective since I could get the last bit of my legs out. My arms though, at this stage were now on the hardwood and I could no longer support my own weight, which resulted in me falling down with a profound yelp.

Hitting my head off the floor, I groaned, rubbing the sore spot hoping that I wouldn’t get a bruise. Moaning with annoyance, I stood up and turned around, only to be met with Aaron’s smirking figure. “You know you could have just asked”, he said with a twinkle in his eyes. I gaped at him, realising that he had been messing with me all this time. And he thought I had forgiven him for making fun of me last night. Humph.

Crossing my arms, I walked off to the bathroom after dragging my bag with me, praying to God that he didn’t see the blush creeping up my cheeks. What was wrong with me!? I thought in frustration as I let the tap run. Why was I being attracted to two, completely polar opposite guys? But yet they seemed to be so similar too; it was just weird. As I washed my hands, my eyes automatically trailed down to the red streak on my wrist. It didn’t seem angry, but it blared quite obviously. I scrunched my nose in distaste. I’d have to find a good way of hiding it, but not because I was ashamed of it; I just didn’t want to explain it all to Aaron. This was for me only, and not for prying eyes. Quickly using the toilet and brushing my teeth I slipped on a pair black woolly tights and a sleeveless plain grey sweater dress that was just a few inches above my knees.  I wore a plain, full sleeved black tee underneath and added a black belt to my waist.

I brushed my hair solemnly, enjoying the feeling of the bristles running over my scalp. It was almost calming. I leaned against the bathtub as I did so, rethinking my decision. It wasn’t that I was going to go back on it, I just wanted to think it over, the pros and the cons. One of the major cons would be that I couldn’t tell Aaron, for fear of what he would say. To be fair though, he would have objected to both proposals, just because they included Aiden—either run into his arms, or run away from him, but he’d keep chasing. That much was clear when my father told me about the hard way.

Aaron was a mystery in himself though; there was so much I didn’t know about him. There was something bugging me about him too, something Aiden had told me during my latest visit to Link. I made it my business to ask him that question today, and to ensure that I got an answer. I mean, it was a necessity to know, wasn’t it? It was just one of those things that made the base of your opinion on a person.

Forbidden Enchantment (Book One)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें