Forbidden Enchantment: Chapter 33

Sorry for the shortness, but yeahhh I just wanted to upload something! rofl x) My brain feels like not working. At. All. It's dead. Very much so, at that! xD I must convice the little thing that writing is FUN!!! haha xD Hopefully the next bit will be longer since this bit was just d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g .. . . xP TILL NEXT TIME! Muahaha!!! x)

“I quite like that idea”, Aiden admitted which made my eyebrows jump up in surprise. Then—in a move that had my heart jumping—he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, bringing me closer to him. Leaning his head in until his lips were at the base of my throat, he whispered: “Me trying to kill you. Now that would never happen”.

His words made me shudder and instead of replying back with my usual sarcasm, I found my words caught in my throat. I was hyperaware of my surroundings then, and the avid proximity of his body to mine. I was practically shaking, but in no way was it from the cold, that also happened to be nonexistent. And even more worryingly so; my face was turning towards his and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

 33.

I wasn’t one to give up though, and I was struggling against it, as hard as I could without actually slapping myself, which I was oh-so very tempted to do. I had mere milliseconds and I knew that and there was only so much I could do in such a small time period. So you know what I did? I panicked.

 My arms went flailing out in front of me before I could stop them and I pushed Aiden right off the rock, without any premonition. It was only when he let out an oath did I realise the full extent of what I had done. I stood up immediately, holding my hands up to my open mouth. “Oh-my-God-I’m-so-sorry-I-don’t-know-why-I-did-that!” I let out in one long gasp, I wasn’t sure if he heard me properly. But this was Aiden, Aiden, of all people I had just pushed. If the guy fucking wanted me dead before and I just pushed him! Him! Oh God, what had I just done!? Expecting some sort of violent reaction, I cautiously peered over to the other side of the rock, where he has landed, expecting to see an expression of nothing but pure anger and frustration.

Instead, the second our eyes locked, he burst out laughing, so much that he ended up in the foetal position, though still facing me.

I coughed lightly, unsure of what to do. “Um, not to be eh, rude, but why are you laughing...?” I asked timidly, looking down at my hands. When he didn’t answer, I glanced at his face and saw a smile etched on him face, as his eyes met mine. Without saying anything, he jumped up off the ground and stood facing me once more, cocking his head to the side. I saw a dangerous gleam in his eyes and it was starting to frighten me. My heartbeat was on an adrenaline rush as he leaned closer, latching onto my still arm. My eyes widened and my eyes shot feverishly to his as I contemplated on what was going to happen next.

Then, leaning in to the crook of my neck, he asked, “Do I frighten you, Heather?” His cool breath made me shudder, and caused unwanted reactions in my heart.

“No”, I answered steadily, thanking God that I was practised well in the art of lying. It was one of the few times I was actually grateful for everything that I had been through. Although maybe my voice was a little shaky...

Aiden seemed to notice this and being him, he was not one to let it go so easily. He leaned back, narrowing his eyes. “And how far are you willing to go to make me believe that?” he purred, reminding me of a panther, getting ready to go in for the kill. I gulped, fighting the urge to take a few steps back. Hell, I had the urge to just turn around and run as far as I could possibly go, never looking back. But instead of showing my prevalent fear, I blocked off all emotion from my face and balled my hands into fists behind my back.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” I retorted with my own question, throwing the ball back in his court. Offense had always been the best defence for me, and it always would. This time though—I was a little weary of my answers since they seemed to encourage him even more, which was definitely, without a doubt, a bad thing.