Forbidden Enchantment: Chapter 29

SURPRISE! LONG LONG CHAPTER! :D Lol, prepare throw all those theories you have out the door.. >_> And Anna get's the special dedication because she made my day! :D

Continuing up the stairs, I pushed through the door to the third floor and burst through the door to our room. True to his word, there was only one bed, which I happily jumped upon. I crossed my legs just as Aaron came in through the door.

“Have fun sleeping on the ground”, I smirked, “I call dibs on the bed”

And with that, I flung myself under the covers.

 29. 

“Guess I deserve that”, Aaron sighed, putting his bag down on the floor beside the double sized bed. I let out my evil laugh before kicking off my shoes and melting into the soft bed, trying not to think about what had ‘gone down’ in that same place even a few hours ago. Under normal circumstances I would have changed my clothes for some pyjamas but the sweats and all the layers I had were so comfy that I just didn’t bother.

Spreading my hair across the pillows, I heard Aaron let out a very purposeful sigh before getting the extra blanket he found in the closet and wrap himself up in it before collapsing to the floorboards. “Dream on pretty boy”, I smirked before drifting off into a slumber

~*~

Without even giving it a second thought, even instinctively, I knew that I was in no place other than Link. It was weird, knowing so blatantly. The atmosphere had changed to that of a dull evening, but instead of grey clouds, these were yellow. Standing on her gravel, I glanced down to see that I had no shoes on, yet I was wearing the same dress as my nightmares – the one where the walls were trying to crash into me. Running my fingers through the silky material I shuddered lightly as memories of nothing but pain and hardship passed through me. Talk about depressing.

The familiar swinging chair was away in the distance, and after glancing around to see no Mommy, I decided not to sit down on it. I wondered what she was doing right now, if she could see me, wherever she was, if she was planning to see me again. A light breeze picked up, but this was constant, unlike the one from before, composed of the individual swirls of air. This was uniform and it flapped the skirt of my dress around my knees while making my hair dance around my face at the same time. It was light and airy, but somehow dense at the same time, in what it held. I couldn’t help but think of those sprites again and what they looked like. What were sprites meant to look like anyway? I was never good with mythology or fantasies, although ironically I was stuck in one now. Whenever I thought of a sprite, a small creature with elfin features came to mind, one with pointed ear and a long red pointy hat. Or maybe they were Santa’s elves. Whatever they looked like, I knew they would probably end up being as far from my vision as possible.

There were whole other species and creatures out there, weren’t there? All these demonic and angelic ones that could be trailing around earth this very moment yet we were all so ignorant of them. Yet; if you thought about it – where did these stories and myths come from in the first place? Was it mere coincidence that the creatures that we once concocted fairytales about also existed in reality? No, I couldn’t believe that. What if humans were magical too once, but had lost it all and that was why they could no longer remember Link? So many theories.

For the first time since I had experienced Link, the setting around me began to change. It was amazing watching the colours fade away, just as if you were to throw a glass of water on a wet canvas. All the colours ran down through the sides yet for once the ground didn’t move. Then, before my disbelieving eyes, the streaks of colour began to change their direction, taking complete right angles until they were spinning around in circles so quickly, that I knew if I was awake I would not have been able to see each individual drop race around, propelled by nothingness.