Forbidden Enchantment: Chapter 17

[So I left you hanging there, and I am sorry. I think it'll be an upload a week thing from now on. (Exceptions for holidays) I'm sorry, but I really don't have time! xo0ox anyway! You don't like reading my rants... >...< So I'mma paste everything now... btw! Dedicated to VampireRose for making me push my butt and writing the rest of the chapter today! xDxD PS: IF THERE ARE A BUNDLE OF MISTAKES, TELL ME PLEASE SO THEN I'LL ACTUALLY PROOF READ IT. I SKIMMED THROUGH DIFF BITS... THEY LOOKED SAFE.. ;P Extra PS (READ THIS BIT!!!!!!!!!!!!) I know some of you may not like how some parts of this chapter go, but take the character into account. She wont act how you want her to, most of the time! :D]

Recap...

He tugged me back, tightening his hold on me, but it wasn’t strong enough to hurt me. With his other hand, he lifted it to my cheek, causing my heart to jump from his unexpected touch. Briefly – very briefly – I closed my eyes.

‘What?’ I asked exasperated, opening them again.

He opened his mouth to say something before something unexpected flashed through his eyes. Fear.

‘Heather, pack your things – we’re leaving’, he said quickly, placing both hands on my shoulders. 

>>>>>

Chapter 17

I stared stunned at his sudden change of attitude. His eyes darted across the room as if searching for something, stopping when they landed on the open suitcase.

I creased my eyebrows at him, perplexed, ‘What do you mean? Why do I have to leave?’

‘Heather’, he sighed, ‘Aiden is coming back, and he’s bringing more. He’ll kill you’, he whispered the last part.

His words evoked both fear and confusion. ‘What do you mean... more?’ I asked slowly, resting a hand on his arm. More what? What could Aiden bring more of? Himself? But what was Aiden? The only thing I could think him to be was a professional psychopath.

He ignored my question – big surprise there – but prodded me with the suitcase, almost roughly. ‘I’ll tell you in the car, but right now, would you please just pack your things as fast you can?’ He pleaded, almost desperately.

I took a deep breath and sat myself down on my bed. So Aiden was coming back to kill me... considering he had left to go someplace else. Wasn’t that what he had been doing all along? What was that different about this time? Would I just end up running away from him all the time? Or Aaron? Wait – why wasn’t Aaron trying to kill me now? As condescendingly crazy that question would sound in another circumstance, it still got me thinking about his change in character, Showed me how little I know about him as it was,

Not to mention the twins,

Why was everyone keeping secrets from me!? What was the big deal? Why couldn’t they just tell me everything anyway? It wasn’t as if I could tell anyone.

Huffing, I narrowed my eyes. What was the point of all this anyway? Why couldn’t I let it all go? Then there would be nothing to worry about because I wouldn’t be here anymore. I had nothing to live for anyway so why not end it? I wouldn’t get nightmares anymore, I wouldn’t be running, and no one could keep secrets from me. Maybe... maybe I’d be with Mommy swaying in the beach for eternity. “Isn’t this lovely Feather?” she’d ask. “Just the two of us?”

As I slid further into my fantasies, a dreamy smile etched on my face. Even though Aiden would kill me – and probably make me scream – in the end, I’d be free. He wouldn’t be able to touch me then. I’d be the one laughing.