Forbidden Enchantment: Chapter 12

[Apologies..I was really busy and too tired to write. This was more of a reading week for me, ya know? Well, you'll like the ending of this one, I promise you! xxx Dedicated to angii! My new awesome fan >...< Vote and comment please! <3]

Recap...

I just stared at him, wondering what he was doing. Was it that hard to help a girl covered in food up off the ground?

After a few minutes, he seemed to say something in a low voice, something which I could not make out, before turning his back to me, and leaving the dining hall, hundreds of eyes following him.

Silence followed, which was broken by Molly as she snickered.

‘Talk about a rejection!’

Insert sound of eight hundred people laughing at you here.

Chapter 12

I looked incredulously after him as he walked off, without even turning his head.

Jerk.

Huffing, I gingerly got up off the mess on the floor, and as I did the entire dining hall shut up, waiting for me to answer back to her, beat her up, anything-but what I actually did. I just walked out, without another glance in Molly’s direction. I was just really tired of all this. Last night’s nightmare had been so emotionally draining, and I could feel the beginnings of a head ache starting. Just a tingly sensation, but soon it would turn into something worse unless I took a panadol or something. Rubbing my forehead lightly, I let out a huge sigh. What was with that girl anyway? What as with all of them? There was something called letting go, ending these foolish games that went back and forth with no conclusions.  It was idiocy, really. You do this, so I do that. Stupid.

I heard someone call my name behind me but I continued walking on, hands in pockets, keeping my head low. The person-or persons behind me did not sense my unwillingness to answer, as I heard footsteps coming up behind me.

‘Heather’, Aisling and Jessica panted as they caught up to me. ‘Why didn’t you answer us when we called your name?’

I shrugged, grimacing as I felt the wet begin to stick. Disgusting. All I wanted to do was take a shower and sleep, but at the same time, I knew I had to be nice to the twins and thank them for yesterday.

‘Look’, I stopped in my tracks, making them do so as well. ‘I am sorry for last night. I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that, and I am truly very sorry. You guys are always there for me, much more than I could ever be for you’, I pursed my lips, trying to keep the feeling of worthlessness away.

‘Heather’, Aisling sighed. ‘You’re wonderful to us; you accept our craziness, are always there to talk to us and listen to us when we rant on. You’re a great friend to us, and don’t ever forget about that’. She pulled me into a hug then, not caring that I was covered in ketchup, mayo, gruelling pizza slices and an array of ‘colourful’ other food stuffs.

‘Diddo’, Jessica hugged me too, resting her head on my shoulder. ‘You are the best friend we have ever had.

I pulled back from their hug, watching them carefully. ‘You mean that?’ I asked, shocked

‘Yes’, they answered, and from the tone of their voices, I found myself believing them.

‘And I am sorry for getting food all over you’, I laughed at their damp clothes.

‘Oh, it’s alright’, Aisling laughed. ‘They don’t matter that much. Anyway, I barely wear the same thing more than once every three weeks so yeah, I don’t mind...’