Settling In

The three women had arrived at the house and were just walking in when Kara started zooming around the whole house.

"Hey! Come back here"

Nothing.

"Kara!"

Alex watched in awe as Kara quickly came to stand by Lenas side and bowed her head respectfully, waiting for further instruction.

"How did you-"

"I've learned that when I say her name she knows to come to me, no matter what the circumstance"

"So that just works?"

Lena nodded and gently grabbed Karas jaw, lifting her head up.

"You're not in trouble sweetheart, do you want to go study a few words?"

Kara nodded her head, unsure of what was being asked if her but eager to do anything Lena asked.

Lena smiled and led Kara up the stairs and into her bedroom, closing the door behind them.

"You can go sit down over- Kara?"

Kara was looking at Lena in a way that was completely different from how she usually looked at her.

"What is it honey, are you alright?"

Suddenly she was pinned against the door, soft lips attached to hers, firm hands gripping her waist.

"khap sem rrip"

"What's the second word sweetheart?"

"want"

The clarity in her tone made surprised Lena but she was quick to cut that short.

"We have to study Kara, you can get a reward after"

She heard a whimper come from the Kryptonian but nevertheless she was let go and Kara sat herself down at Lenas desk.

Lena then sat down across from her and opened the Kryptonian book, pointing to the words on the opposite side.

"Say a word in your language, and then repeat it in ours, can you do that?"

Kara nodded and looked at the book, looking for a word.

"Hey ehm, before we start, can I look for what you said earlier?"

Kara looked up at her, her eyes furrowing once she did.

"Alex said no"

"But Alex isn't here right now?"

"Alex. Said. No"

"Kara"

"No"

"I don't see the harm in me just looking for it-"

She was cut off by the book being slammed shut and Kara pulling her forward by the front of her shirt.

"I said no"

"Hey hey, calm down, I'm sorry okay? I won't mention it anymore today."

Kara released Lena and looked down, mumbling an apology."

"I'm sorry"

Lena smiled softly and kissed the back of Karas hand.

"It's alright honey, let's chose a word, how about Zhao?"

Kara nodded and looked at the page.

"Love?"

"Mhm"