Treasure

"Zhao?"

"Zhao?"

Kara huffed quietly as her lover slept beside her, she had no idea what time it was but she knew she was tired of being awake by herself, it was too silent, it made her feel alone, anxious, she needed to hear something, the television was off, she didn't want to turn it on and risk waking Lena but at the same time she wanted the scientist up.

"Mmm"

Lena groaned, hands sleepily pulling Karas nails away from her body.

"Sorry Zhao."

Kara whispered, tucking her hands behind her back.

"Hm? What's wrong Kara?"

When Kara didn't answer, Lena stirred, stirred until she eventually woke herself up, moonlight shining through and making her eyes pierce though Karas soul.

"What's up honey?"

"Don't like being alone."

"Oh honey."

She laughed quietly and stood up, pulling Kara to their bedroom and turning on her sounds.

"Lay down."

Kara played with her fingers while she walked to the bed, it took her awhile to finally lay down and get comfortable but once her back hit the bed and her head hit the pillows, sleep took over almost instantly.

"That's good, just relax, I'm right here."

Lena hummed, laying her head on Karas chest and going to sleep herself.

They both slept comfortably after that, nothing interrupting them, not even the tree branch thumping against their window every few minutes, just pure relaxation.

Boom!

Kara jumped out of her sleep, her eyes immediately looking out of the window at the thunderstorm that had seem to come out of nowhere.

"Zhao?"

"I heard it honey"

"I'm scared"

"I know, I know, come on"

Lena mumbled sleepily, spreading her arms and pulling the little alien close to her.

Kara hid her face in Lenas neck, inhaling her vanilla scent and melting into her touch, the harsh thunder seeming to fade from her hearing almost instantly.

If it wasn't for Lena, Kara would definitely be crying her eyes out right now, but the Luthor always made sure her little alien was alright, the consistent sound of her breathing calmed Kara down, knowing that her Zhao was finally getting a healthier sleep regimen made her so happy, she completely forgot about the storm and fell asleep tucked under the Luthors chin.
———
Lena woke up to the smell of wood, wet wood.

She turned her head to see that the rain had settled down to a little more than a drizzle but the window was open.

Kara!

There the blonde was, on an apple tree across the street, the tallest one in the orchard at that.

Lena huffed softly to herself, a little frustrated at the fact that she had to get out of her comfy, warm bed and go out in the humid, stuffy rain.

Did she even ask me to go out?

Maybe I was sleepy and said yes.

But I feel like I would've remembered that.

Why would I say yes during a thunderstorm?