Behave

"Kara doesn't like syrup or pancakes."

Alex raised an eyebrow at Lena and put the box down.

"What?"

"It reminds her of him, the smell puts her in a bad mood."

"Where is she anyways? It's been awhile and I haven't heard anything from her."

"I'll go check, just make oatmeal for her instead, maybe toast, but that's it."

Alex just nodded and took down the canister of oats while Lena went upstairs to check on their Kryptonian.

"Kara, honey, are you awake?"

Lena carefully walked into the room, seeing no signs that Kara would've been up already.

"Kara?"

Nothing.

Sighing softly, Lena walked even closer to the bed, checking Karas pulse and feeling a huge relief when she found that it was normal.

"Honey, I know you can hear me, I need you to get up so I can give you your medicine."

Finally, Kara stirred around the sheets, seeming to just process Lenas voice.

"Come on sweetheart, I thought you wanted attention today."

"I do."

Lena couldn't help cooing at the adorable response.

"Yeah? You really want me?"

"Mhm, missed you"

"I missed you too honey."

Karas eyes opened slowly, which of course made Lena very happy.

"There you are."

"Hi."

Lena chuckled softly, leaning down to place a very quick kiss on Karas lips.

"Hey."

"Can I have cereal?"

The question managed to pull a laugh out of Lenas.

"How about we get you ready for the day first and then we can worry about breakfast."

Kara just nodded, surprising Lena when she got up and walked into the bathroom without protest.

This should be a good day.
———
"Hi Alex."

"Hey Kara, how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay I think, I just really want some cereal."

"Ah I see, well maybe you can have cereal later."

"But I want-"

Kara quickly stopped her protesting when Lena walked into the kitchen, previous conversations persuaded her to behave nicely.

"What do we say?"

The Kryptonian sighed, grabbing a spoon and digging into the bowl of oatmeal.

"Thank you Alex."

The redhead couldn't contain her laugh at the childish behavior.

"You're more than welcome Kara."

Both women sat down at the table and drank their coffee, it was pretty quiet until Alex spoke up again a few minutes later.