Exhaustion

Lena woke up to find that Kara was laid out on top of her, face buried in her neck, limbs wildly spread out, she could've sworn the little alien had fallen asleep on her stomach.

"Kara?"

All she heard was soft breathing, she checked the time to see that it was quite early, not yet time for Kara to take her medicine.

She sighed when she realized she probably wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, she'd most likely have to lay there and be as still as possible while her Kryptonian slept.

While waiting for time to pass, Lena noticed that Kara began to stir, she held her breath in hopes that she wouldn't wake or startle the blonde and sighed out in relief when neither of those things happened.

She kept her eyes on the ceiling, wondering if she'd bore herself into exhaustion.

It didn't work.

She looked down at her sleeping Kryptonian and smiled, God was she beautiful, and so precious, there was nothing in the world that made her happier.

"You're so perfect, I can't wait to see those beautiful blue eyes."

It was a whispered remark, but Kara heard it in her sleep and smiled, Lena could feel it against her neck.

"I don't want to wake you up, but for some reason I just want to see you, your eyes, hear your voice, kiss you."

Lena continued to whisper.

"I'm just so in love with you."

"I'm in love with your laugh."

"Your curiosity."

"Your concern for others."

"I'm in love with your eyes."

"Your smile."

"The way you act just like a little pet."

"My little pet."

"I want you to wake up for me my sweet puppy, can you do that?"

"Hmm"

Kara hummed, still in a world of sleep but replying to Lena anyhow.

"Come on my love, I want to see those pretty eyes."

There they were.

Bright blue eyes staring up at her.

Sleepy blue eyes.

Oh right.

Lena smiled softly, completely forgetting to speak to the woman on top of her.

"Good morning my love."

Kara smiled softly, humming in response, clearly exhausted but always eager to do whatever Lena asked of her.

"Is this how it feels for you?"

Furrowed eyebrows made Lena chuckle lightly, she kissed the top of her Kryptonians forehead and explained.

"When you want to wake me up but you don't want to at the same time."

"I think I get it now, when you said you wanted to hear me, I understand now how it feels to want someone so bad but to care for them so much that you don't want to interrupt their sleep, it's like a constant argument with yourself until you either let them be or you wake them up, but because they love you, they don't get upset, they simply give you what you need from them."

Kara hummed in agreement, to sleepy to form any coherent sentences, she decided to bury her face in Lenas neck again, drifting off into her interrupted sleep until she remembered that the scientist wanted to kiss her.