Touches

It was a beautiful day outside, Kara was currently sitting in the grass and playing with a broken stick, Lena was in the kitchen drinking coffee and finishing the work she had been trying to finish for the past three days, every now and then she'd look up at Kara and just watch her, she'd watch the joy in her eyes and the way she'd scrunch up her nose as she smiled, the woman was quite mesmerizing and a wonderful sight to see in the morning, it was a shame they weren't married right now.

"Why don't you go out there instead of staring at her like some sort of creep."

Lena jumped slightly at the sound of Alex's voice, nearly spilling her coffee all over her books.

"I'm not staring and I'm certainly not a creep."

Alex laughed at the young scientist and grabbed a granola bar from the container that sat just to the right of the cereal.

"How long has she been out there?"

"A little more than an hour, she just sat down, at first she was trying to climb a tree."

"What?"

"Yeah, she saw a squirrel I believe, I almost went out there to tell her to get down but she didn't seem like a danger to herself so I let her be."

"She saw a squirrel? And now she's playing with a stick."

Lena laughed and nodded, taking another sip of her coffee.

"She's a puppy."

"And you love her."

"Yeah I do."

"I can tell, you can never keep your eyes off of her."

Lena looked away from Kara, she hadn't even realized she was staring until Alex mentioned it again.

"I'm just making sure she's alright."

"She's sitting in the grass."

"Yeah but-"

"It's okay that you like to look at her, she likes to look at you too."

Lena shook her head and began looking through her books again.

"No she doesn't, her attention span is too short for that."

"When we first got her she would watch you go all the way up the stairs, I had to tell her to eat because she'd watch the door, she does it now too."

"She's more a physical person, I doubt she looks at me as much as I look at her, I'd probably just remind her of her old goddess."

Alex turned to look at Kara and saw that she was staring at Lena, once they met eyes she winked at her and laughed when the Kryptonian blushed and looked away, her attention going back to her stick.

"What's so funny?"

Lena furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at Kara, only to see that she was still playing with her sticks.

"I just think it's interesting how you said Kara was more of a physical person and you have a bruise underneath your jaw."

Lena slapped a hand over her neck, blushing slightly at the remark.

"Shut up Alex."

The older women held her hands up in defense and walked to her room, laughing as she shut the door behind her.

When Lena turned her attention towards the yard, Kara was nowhere to be found, her stick abandoned in the grass.

There was a pang of worry that went through her chest, she almost got up until she saw a blonde flash slide down a tree.