Chapter Fifteen: Boggart

Sorry I haven't written in a while!

"Sienna, wait up!" Spencer called from the crowd behind me. I couldnt find him earlier so I just started walking to Defense against the dark arts without him.

"Hey Spence, where have you been?" I asked him.

"With Danielle. We both skipped class and met at the black lake." He said smiling.

"You're already skipping classes? We haven't even been back for a month!"

"Are you judging me?" He asked sticking his tongue out at me. I sighed, he did have a point. I shouldn't be judging him.

"Sorry Spence, just worried about your OWL's that's all."

"Well that's what I have you for, you can help me study what I miss in class! And we don't take those for two more years Sienna."

"Oh well at least you have a use for me, and its never too early to start studying." I said jokingly. I followed Spencer into the classroom and sat down at the table with him. There was something in the middle of the room with a sheet over it, but I didn't pay too much attention to it.

"What are you doing this weekend?"

"I'm going to Hogsmeade with Fred and George, but other than that I don't know, how about you?"

"I think I'm going to asks Danielle to the Quidditch game." He said

"There's a game this weekend?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yeah, you're boyfriend didn't tell you?" He asked laughing

"No. Oliver didn't mention anything." I said a little angry.

"I didn't say anything about Oliver, but now that you admit it."

"Ugh Spence, sometimes I hate you." I said as Professor Lupin walked into the room.

"Today we will be doing a different sort of lesson, as you may have noticed the covered object in the middle of the room. Everyone stand up and form a line in front of it." Professor Lupin instructed. "Now can anyone tell me what a boggart is?"

A few students raised their hand and Professor Lupin called on a girl in Ravenclaw.

"A boggart takes the form of the one thing you are truly afraid of."

"Very good! Five points to Ravenclaw! Now I am going to teach you all the spell I want you to use when you face your fear." He said and continued on teaching the spell riddikulus.

Student after student successfully changed their fears into funny things and finally Spencer and I were last.

"Want at the ready Mr. Vize." Professor Lupin whispered to him as the boggard began to switch forms before our eyes. It finally twisted around into the form of a scragily looking big black dog. Spencer is absolutely terrified of dogs. Seriously even the tiny ones, he's scared of.

"Riddikulus !" He yelled, then the boggart changed to the same dog, at a little girls pretend tea party. That was a big laugh from everyone. Then it was my turn.

"Okay step up Ms. Mackall." Professor Lupin said turning to me.

"Oh well that's okay, Im sure that I wouldn't-"

"Its okay to be scared Sienna, I'm here if anything happens." He said cutting me off and smiling. I rolled my wand in between my hands while wiping the sweat off my palms. I stepped up and watched the boggart start to change shapes.

There it was standing right in front of me, a mermaid. My worst fear ever and it was coming closer to me. I jumped back and pointed my wand at it.

"Ri- riddikulus " I said softly, but it didn't work. I tried again but the words couldn't come out. I was so terrified. I tried one last time. "Riddikulus !" I yelled when the mermaid came too close to me. Suddenly the mermaid was turning purple and getting blisters all over her face. It was something I saw happen at Zonkos when someone ate a piece of candy there.

The whole class started laughing again, much to my relief because I was about ready to pass out. Professor Lupin just looked at me and nodded. Then he dismissed class.

"Ms. Mackall, can I see you really quick?" He asked me.

"Sure professor." I said picking up my bag and walking over to him.

"I know that must have been rough for you." He said looking at me. "It might be too soon, but if you ever want to practice more you can always stop by." He said and then he handed me a book on mermaids. "This might help." He said smiling.

"Thanks professor, I think I want to practice that more, because that was horrible." I said with a small sigh

"Practice helps a lot, I'll see you next class." He said looking back down at him books. I walked out of class to Spencer who was eagerly waiting for me outside.

Oliver was already in his seat when I walked in and sat down with a sigh.

"Hey Sienna, bad day?" He asked turning in his seat to look at me. I just looked up at him and and nodded.

"Defense against the dark arts." I said opening my book up.

"Oh?"

"Boggart."

"Ah I remember mine." He said and I perked up a little bit.

"What was yours?" I asked him and he looked down at me and smiled.

"Do you really want to know?" I nodded. "It was the Slytherin Quidditch captain holding the House Cup." He said shyly.

"Why are you scared of that? We all know that will never happen with you around." I said flashing him a huge smile.

"You think so?" He asked

"Of course." He looked at me and reached his hand up to brush a piece of hair out of my face and behind my ear.

"So" he said with his hand still holding the piece of hair. "What was yours?" He released his hand and placed it on his leg. I was about to answer but the Professor came in.

Nothing eventful happened after that, when charms was dismissed Oliver walked me to the hospital wing and went to practice.

**** I'm so sorry this is so awful, but I needed to post something I've been really sick lately, but I will start updating regularly!!******