Chapter Twenty Five: Uncle Remus

I'm sorry for the little update, I'm using a new phone to write out these chapters and I wanted to have a short test before writing out this, I apologize for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Anyways thank you all so much for the attention on this story! I love to read your comments!

After our night in the Great Hall we were told it was safe to back to our common rooms. Most of the students including me, headed up to get dressed before breakfast. I threw on a pair of jeans and a long sleeve grey v-neck. I just put my hair up and put a sparkly headband in. I had barely gotten any sleep last night. Not because we were sleeping on the floor, though. Dumbledore had done something to make the sleeping bags just as comfortable as our beds. I couldn't sleep because there is a potential killer loose in the school and I was worried.

It was Sunday so I decided my time would be best spent making potions with Professor Snape. I honestly never thought I would be saying that.

I carried my potions textbook down to breakfast with me so I could just go straight to the dungeons and not have to waste time. Not that I really needed it, I could make all of these potions in my sleep but you can never be too careful.

"Hey guys." I said taking a seat next to Ron. Ron mumbled something in response and put another piece of toast on his plate. Then he did a double take, staring at the textbook in my lap.

"Bloody hell! It's a little early in the morning for potions, don't you think? How can you even focus on such a thing while Sirius Black is roaming around here?"

"Honestly Ron, the teachers said it was safe, they wouldn't have let us leave if it wasn't." Hermione said. However she didn't look so sure.

"Yeah, I'll bet the teachers know all about the hidden rooms too. Like the Chamber Of Secrets." Ron said sarcastically. "How can they be sure he isn't hiding in a spare room, or under the floor or something?"

"Under the floor?" I asked, putting Jam on my bread.

"Wouldn't be surprised, if he went here he would probably know his way around the school."

"Did he go here?" I asked, more for Hermione to answer.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he did, I'll try to find more out about it." Hermione answered.

"Ms. Mackall, hello there." I heard a voice calling my name, looking up from my book I saw Professor Lupin walking towards me.

"Hello, Professor." I smiled.

"Potions?"

"Yeah, I'm headed down to help Professor Snape make some for the infirmary." I said casually, he made a slight disgusted face and I nodded giggling. Not many people were friends with Snape, not even his co workers could be forced to like him when they didn't want to.

"Well, I was just going to speak to him, I was wondering if he could make me something. Just to have for class and teaching purposes. Maybe you've heard of it." He started explaining as we walked down the stairs. "It's wolfsbane, do you know what that is?" He asked me.

"It's a potion to lessen the effects of lycanthropy. It keeps them from going insane I guess. Most of the people who get it at St. Mungos say it tastes horrible." I answered him and he nodded.

"Exactly. You really are good at this potions stuff aren't you? Your mother wasn't good at it at all, downright awful." He said laughing.

"Oh you knew my mother?" I asked him. He looked at me really weirdly and stopped in the middle of the hall. "Professor?" I asked.

"You really don't know then?" He asked me.

"Don't know what?"

"I'm your uncle, your mothers brother." He said quietly.

"What?" I asked, I never knew any of my mothers family. My father always kept her away from them. I'm not sure if it was on purpose or if it just slipped his mind. Probably the last one. "You're my moms brother? I had no idea."

"I hadn't seen you since you were a little baby." We had began walking again. "I suppose it was hard for her with you and your brother. How is he anyways? He doesn't go here I noticed."

"My parents are divorced." I said quickly changing the subject of my brother.

"Are they now?" He asked with surprise. "Is she okay? I feel terrible."

"Ms. Mackall, Lupin." Snape opened the door interrupting our conversation. "What can I do for you?"

"Snape, I ran into Sienna and told her about a potion I needed brewed, I thought maybe she could help you." Uncle Lupin said.

"Yes, perhaps." Professor Snape said looking at me. "Probably the only student in this school who would not turn it to poison. I suspect she could be of help. Very well Lupin, I will bring it to you when it is finished." Snape said rushing Uncle Lupin out of the door and then he turned to me.

"I would assume your uncle has told you the circumstances under which he would need such a potion." He said sneering when he said uncle.

"Oh he said he wanted it to teach with during class. I just found out he was my uncle." I added the last part quietly.

Snape's face softened a bit and his voice wasn't so harsh when he said his next sentence.

"Yes, I suppose your father didn't want you to know. He was always controlling of your mother." He shook his head as if he had said something wrong and then he added, in his usual tone. "Can you tell me one more name for Wolfsbane?"

"Monkshood, Professor."

"Very good, one more?"

"Aconite."

"You've been studying I see. What should the end product look like?"

"It should be have a faint blue smoke and a bad taste."

"Excellent. You're ready to begin."