Chapter Twelve: Raindrops

Tap tap tap

I watched as the raindrops hit the window in the common room. I was trying to do my Defense Against The Dark Arts homework, but I just couldn't focus.

Tap tap tap

I got up from my seat snd looked out the window into the storm. I tried counting the raindrops, anything to keep me distracted. I was too tired to do homework.

Tap tap tap

"Ahh!" I yelled as someone touched my shoulder. "Oliver!"

"Didn't scare you, did I?" He asked smiling.

"No, I was just doing some homework."

"Yeah? Looks like you got far." He said laughing and pointing to my work on the table next to me.

He was right. Its been almost two hours and all I had written down was 'the creatures.' Its a good thing this isn't due until next week.

"Okay, you're right, I'm distracted." I said smiling.

"Well, while you're distracted, why don't you come sit with me by the fire to warm up and talk for a bit?" He asked holding out his hand for me to take. I grabbed his hand and he lead me to the couch.

It was weird having oliver holding my hand, and I felt confused. Did he really like me? He didn't let go of my hand right away, instead he waited until I sat down and then he released it.

We talked for a long time, we talked about classes, and homework, quidditch practice, and work. After a while I started feel in very sleepy, and I yawned.

"Tired?" He asked looking down at me.

"Well a little, actually yes I'm exhausted. I haven't slept in over 14 hours." I said, I didn't even have the energy to pretend I wasn't dying to craw into my bed upstairs. As much as I would love sleep though I was enjoying Olivers company.

Oliver didn't even hesitate when I told him this, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him, I leaned my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. After a while I started to fall asleep.

That was until I heard the familiar laugh of the twins. I bolted up, being careful not to hit Oliver in the process.

"Well hello, Sienna." Fred said winking at me, I barely noticed it though because I was too busy looking at George. He looked so mad, like he wanted to kill someone. I instantly became worried.

"George, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked him, I got up and walked over to him.

"Its nothing! I'm fine!" He snapped at me, which made me jump back a little. I've never seen him this mad. He looked down at me and his face changed, he smiled softly. "I'm fine, I'm sorry Sienna, just a bad day. I didn't mean to take it out on you." He said with a little sigh.

"I'm sorry you had a bad day." I said, I really did feel bad, something awful must have happened for him to be that upset. I walked closer to him wrapped my arms around his neck, and pressed my whole body against him. This was the first time I've ever hugged him and I could tell he was shocked. I started to pull away but then he grabbed me and wrapped his arms around me tightly. "I hope tomorrow is better, George." I whispered in his ear.

"Me too." He mumbled as he pulled away from the hug. Then he just walked up the stairs to the boys dorms.

"Hey! When am I gonna get a hug?" Fred asked. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"When you have a bad day!" I said laughing. He rolled his eyes.

"Night Sienna." He said walking up the stairs after his brother.

I walked back over to Oliver and apologized for falling asleep on him.

"Its alright love." He said grinning at me. "You should get to bed."

"Night Oliver."

"Goodnight love."

Once I was upstairs I snuggled into bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I slept right through dinner, which isn't hard to believe. Since is was a rainy gloomy day being curled up in my warm bed sounded extra inviting.

After dinner was a whole different thing.

Everyone was in the common room talking and being super loud. I tossed and turned for a while until I realized that there was no way I would be getting anymore sleep until later tonight.

I had fallen asleep in my robes and they were all tangled and uncomfortable so I decided to change. I picked a grey v-neck and black sweatpants. I pulled my messy hair into a loose bun and I was done. I honestly didn't plan on leaving my room at all that night.

Until Ginny came into my room. I was picking up some of my paper and books that I left all over the floor earlier that morning.

"Hey, Ginny. What's up?" I asked

"Hey, Fred and George asked me to come upstairs and tell you that they wanted to see you."

"Right now?" I asked, almost crying. At this point I was seriously sleep deprived and I was so confused about Oliver.

"I can tell them you can't-" Ginny started, but I cut her off.

"No its fine really." I said smiling at her, she seemed relieved. "I'll be down in a few minutes."

I walked downstairs, not even bothering to change and I found the twins. I was a bit hesitant though, I wasn't sure if George was still upset and I didn't want to bother him.

"Hey guys. What's up?" I asked when I reached them.

"Were going to pull a prank." Fred started

"And you're going to help us." They both said at the same time.