Chapter Twenty-Two: Ginny Weasley

Crap, how long have I been asleep? I thought to myself looking around the common room. The sun wasn't up yet so I think I'm good. I also don't remember putting this blanket on myself. I heard footsteps and I looked over to see George walking in the common room with a plate full of cookies.

"George?" I sat up asking sleepily.

"Hey Sienna." He answered quietly.

"What's that?" I asked and he held up a cookie.

"Want one?"

"Mhmm." I answered still half asleep. I patted the couch seat next to me for him to sit down on.

"You looked pretty tired when I came down earlier. And cold, so I put that blanket on you."

"You did that? Thanks George." I said smiling. "I am really tired." I added.

"Oh here I'll move over so you can go back to sleep." He said trying to sit back up, I just pushed him back down and laid down in front of him. George stretched out and I pulled the blanket over both of us. I turned over and looked at George. I was too tired to care about anything except seeing George. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard George say my name.

"Sienna?" I pretended I was asleep and I felt him snuggle closer to me. "Sienna, I'm sorry about what happened. If it counts for anything we aren't together anymore. I want it to just be you me and Fred again, please? We miss you." He whispered in my ear.

"Sure George, I miss you guys too." I said back before I fell asleep next to George.

"Sienna, Sea wake up." George murmured against my hair. Sea? I guess we're friends again now.

"Hmm?" I asked turning toward him and opening my eyes.

"Good morning."

"Morning." I said sitting up. Then I looked at George. "oh I'm sorry." I said when I remembered how last night went.

"It's fine Sienna. I'm gonna go get ready for class." He said swinging his legs over the edge of the couch an standing up to stretch.

"Yeah me too." I said folding the blanket and putting it on the back of the couch.

"Hey Sienna?"

"Yeah George?"

"Maybe we could hang out tonight for a little bit? You,me,and Fred?" He asked with one hand behind his head and the other on the back of the couch that he was leaning on.

"Yeah." I said smiling and walking upstairs to get ready for the day.

Surprisingly my classes went by super fast today. It might just be that I was eager to hang out with the twins though. After my last class I swung my bag over my shoulder and practically started dancing up the stairs to the common room.

I started to hear quiet sobs on my way up the stairs and I saw a student sitting on the stairs as crying into her hands. Her brown hair was spilling around her and she was all alone.

"Ginny?" I asked, aware now as I got closer who it was.

Slowly Ginny picked up her head and looked at me. "Oh hey Sienna." She said sniffling and wiping her nose with this back of her hand. I dropped my bag and sat on the stair below her, looking up at her.

"What's wrong, are you alright?" I asked her concerned.

"It's nothing." She said quietly.

"Ginny." I said so quietly it was almost a whisper. "You are one of the strongest people I know, you never cry. Even after being constantly tortured by your older brothers. I know something is wrong."

"Okay." She said pulling her hair behind her ears. "A couple girls are picking on me because we don't have a lot of money and I don't have a lot of clothes and nice things like they do."

"Oh Ginny. I'm sorry, believe me I know how you feel." I said.

"You do?"

"Yeah, before I was old enough to come here my parents weren't so well off. My dad didn't have a job with the ministry, he worked as a cook in this little muggle shop when I was a baby. My mom stayed at home and watched us. Anyways, I went to elementary school with muggles since I was five and I was made fun of all the time because I practically wore the same thing every day. Same pair of jeans, same sweatshirt, the only thing that changed day to day was my shirt." I said calmly, no one knew this about me, except Spencer.

"Wow, didn't that bother you?" Ginny asked, she had stopped crying but her voice was shaking.

"It did and it didn't at the same time. It bothered me when I was at school and all I could do was listen to what the kids were saying about me. But when I got home it didn't matter to me. I would rather come home to a good home cooked meal and parents who asked me about my day then parents who just spent money on me. It really wasn't easy, it messed up my self esteem quite a bit. Honestly I'm not sure if I even recovered fully." I said in confidence.

"I know what you mean, about wanting to come home to people who love you instead of anything else. I love my family more than any material possession." She said with a slight smile.

"That's not something many people would think about, you're very mature and smart Gin. That's one thing those girls will never have. Plus your family is amazing. Especially those twin brothers of yours." I said with a chuckle.

"Thanks Sienna. If you don't mind me asking though, when did things change for you? I mean you clearly don't get picked on anymore and you dress nicely."

"Well when my parents got divorced it was hard for me to spend time with either of them when I wasn't in school. Dad would always ask about what mom was doing and mom would want to know every detail on what dad was up to. My mom went into a severe depression and I couldn't take it anymore. It was selfish of me, I know that but I decided to get a job over the summer away from both of them so I could get away from it all. Ever since I've worked at the carnival every summer."

"Oh Sienna, I'm so sorry I had no idea."

"It's okay, really. I like it so much better. It's my own form of freedom sometimes, just being able to be on my own. But hey! You're around my size, seriously just come into my dorm and look at some clothes to take! I have so much I would love you to have some!" I said suddenly.

"Really?" She asked smiling brightly.

"Yeah of course! I'll grab some more from home when I go back too. It will be fun. You're one of my closest friends Gin."

Ginny threw her arms around me an I hugged her back. Then she looked down at her watch and apologized for having to leave, she was late for her next class. She stood up thanking me again and running down the stairs.