Chapter Eighteen: Shower.

Hermione was the only one in the dorm when I got upstairs. She was sitting crossed legged on the bed reading a muggle book. She was wearing a spaghetti strap shirt and cropped sweatpants. Crookshanks was curled up on my bed.

I set my book down on the bed being careful not to disturb him and I started lightly petting him. Hermione looked up at me and sighed.

"He caught another mouse today, it was a huge mess. Now Ron keeps going on about him being a cruel brute." She said putting her book down.

"Awh poor kitty, you just wanted to play huh?" I said scratching his face. "A brute? Him? That's crazy." I said to Hermione laughing.

"Exactly!" She said, then she looked at me funny.

"What?"

"Who's sweater is that?" She asked me.

"Oh. It's Oliver's. We were taking a walk and I was cold so he let me wear it." I said. I pulled off my shoes and tucked them under the bed.

"That's sweet. I wish Ronald was like that. Instead he wants to kill my cat!" She said and threw herself back so she was laying down.

"He still hasn't caught on that you like him?" I asked

"No, not a clue!"

I laid down on my bed and looked up at the ceiling as well. We just stayed like that not talking for a while.

"You wouldn't happen to know who George likes, would you?" I asked her.

"No I don't. I'm sorry, maybe Ginny would know." She said.

"Oh okay." I'm not sure why I asked her. Keeping track of Ron was hard enough, without having to keep track of the other Weasley boys.

"Why?" She asked me

"Oh uh no reason." I said getting up and going over to my dresser.

"It doesn't seem like no reason." She said

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

"Of course. You're the only one who knows about Ron and you haven't told." She said sitting up and looking at me.

"I think I like George. And I found out today that George likes someone else" I said with a sigh.

"I knew it." She said smiling.

"Knew he liked someone?"

"No that you liked him. But what about Oliver?" She asked me.

"He's really sweet and I think I like him, but he doesn't like me."

"You really still think that? He gave you his sweater, Sienna. Oliver likes you."

"You really think so?"

"Yes it's obvious, to everyone except for you."

"Well if you say so." I said still unconvinced. I grabbed my shower caddy, clean clothes and wand and set them on the bed. I took off Oliver's sweatshirt and folded it, setting it on bed as well. Then I pulled my towel wrap out of my dresser. It was a gift from my dad. Best muggle device ever he said. Probably because he can hop right out of the shower and go straight downstairs to make breakfast without having to stop in and change or worry about it slipping off. I gathered all my things in my arms and told Hermione that I would be right back.

I was looking down at my shower caddy while walking into the bathroom, making sure that I didn't forget anything and then slam! I ran right into someone.

"Oh Luna! I am so sorry I wasn't paying attention are you okay?" I asked looking at her.

"Oh I'm quite fine, better now actually. Don't worry, you've payed attention enough today, let your mind wonder Sienna."

"Thanks Luna." I like Luna, she's always been nice to me.

"Anytime." She said smiling and she started dancing in the hall.

I hung my towel up on the hook by the showers and I placed my clean clothes, and wand on the sink. I pulled my clothes off and hopped in.

The water started out cold but eventually built it's way up to the perfect temperature. I turned around and let the water fall all over me. I grabbed some shampoo and started working it into a lather against my head. Then I stepped back into the stream of water and let it rinse out my hair.

I squeezed my hair out and went to grab my body wash when I heard footsteps. I didn't think anything of it, surely someone else must be showering at this time. After washing most of my body I heard the footsteps again.

"Hello?" I called out. There was no answer. The person probably just left. Sometimes when I forget something Hermione will bring it to me so I just thought that was what happened. I turned back around so I was facing the water. Closing my eyes I let it run over my face.

Then the water started to cut out.

I opened my eyes. And all I saw was red blood coming out of the shower head. I jumped back against the wall and the shower head started to hiss and a black cloud of smoke started to come out of it. I left the water running and jumped out of the shower, spilling all of my things everywhere. I threw on my towel and then I felt something push me. I tumbled to the ground and rolled over looked ahead of me. I freaked out and started backing away from it, still on the floor. I managed to make it to the sinks and I pulled myself up and felt around for my wand. It was too late the lights clicked off and all I could see were two glowing eyes.

I stood there in shock as my eyes adjusted to the light and I could make out a shape.

I let out a blood curling scream when I saw what it was. A mermaid was crawling toward me. I sank down to my knees under the sinks and screamed as loud as I could but it kept coming toward me. I still couldn't find my wand. It wasn't with my clothes anymore. I screamed once again.

I stood up and tried running but I slipped on the pool of water from me getting out of the shower and I smacked my head on the floor. I pulled myself up to a sitting position and scooted into a corner. I closed my eyes and started crying.

I screamed one last time and then all of the sudden the mermaid was gone and the lights were on.

Then I heard laughing.

I turned around, a little too fast, and I felt light headed. I saw Fred and George laughing, just for a split second and then I saw their faces turn concerned.

"Sienna!" Fred yelled and they both started running toward me. I reached up and touched my forehead. There was blood spilling over my eyes and down my nose from my cut.

They were almost to me when I saw Professor Lupin in the doorway. I looked at him and he ran over to me.

"Ms. Mackall." He said with concern. Then he took my shoulders in his hands. "Sienna!" He yelled. I couldn't answer. I was shaking so badly and I was in shock.

"P-p-pro f-f." I tried holding my hand out.

"What on earth happened here!" He yelled at the twins. I didn't catch what they said all I remember is being picked up and carried by Professor Lupin and then I blacked out.