Chapter Twenty-Six: Filch.

Mom,

I saw Uncle Remus today.

I crumpled up the letter I was writing, it didn't sound right. Too casual. I picked up my quill and started again.

Mom,

I know about my Uncle, your brother, he works here as the Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher.

Again I crumpled up the parchment, this try sounded rude. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

I took a deep breath in and smoothed out my paper.

Mom,

I was wondering if I could ask you a couple questions, in person if that will work. School is going well and I miss you and Matt. I love you both.

All my love, Sienna.

Okay, I think this will work. Now I need to find Fred and George. I haven't told anyone about Professor Lupin being my uncle, the twins were my best friends so naturally I wanted to tell them first.

I ended up running into Fred and George in the corridor outside of the Gryffindor wing.

"Hey, Fred, George. Could I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure thing, why the long face?" Fred asked throwing his arm over my shoulder.

"Professor Lupin is my uncle."

"What?!" They both asked me at the same time.

"I guess he is my mom's brother." I added once they calmed down.

"Blimey. And you had no idea?" George asked.

"No not a clue, he let it slip when we were on our way to see Professor Snape."

"You mean we almost killed you in front of your uncle?" Fred pointed out.

"I guess, but isn't that weird? That he didn't tell me then? And what's even more strange is that Professor Snape was nice to me."

"Snape is always nice to you." They both said at once.

"Because you're basically a potions prodigy." Fred started.

"Capable of brewing potions not even seventh years are capable of." George continued in a mock Snape voice. All three of us burst out laughing at George parading around making fun of him.

"Okay maybe he is usually nice to me but he said something about how my dad used to be really controlling of my mom."

Nobody said anything for a while, we all just looked around.

"Okay, I know what will cheer you up." George said developing a devilish grin. Fred looked at him and got the same look on his face. Oh boy.

Before I could protest Fred picked me up and swung me over his shoulder.

"Seriously guys, where are we going?" I asked again, hanging upside down was really getting the best of me.

"Love, if we haven't told you the first ten times you asked-" Fred began.

"Then what makes you think we will tell you this time?" George finished. Even though I couldn't see his face I could tell that he was smiling.

After what seemed like another ten minutes Fred finally put me back down.

"Look familiar?" They asked me. I looked around.

"Nope" I said a little confused.

"That's Filch's office." Fred said smiling.

I watched the twins as they put a plate full of sweets on the floor and knocked on his door. George pressed his ear up against the door and when he heard Filch coming he tapped Fred on the shoulder and came running back over to me.

Filch opened the door and looked down at the plate. Without any second thought he picked up one and plopped it in his mouth. I waited and within a few seconds he was growing scales! He didn't seem to notice at all and soon they faded.

"Well the scale cakes need more work." Fred sighed.

"Definitely." George agreed.

Filch, oblivious to the fact that these weren't normal sweets, grabbed another one.

This time he noticed something was different. His hair turned a bright yellow and he yelled, dropping the plate. When the plate hit the ground it disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Then without warning I was picked up again and we were running away laughing.

I layed down on the couch when we got back to the common room. Fred started pacing in front of me while George sat on the arm of the couch.