Chapter Twenty-Seven: Best friends

I pulled the blankets around me as I curled up into a ball. It was freezing this morning. The leaves were almost all off of the trees and it would start snowing soon, which was good because the holidays were right around the corner. Almost time for a break from school, almost I reminded myself. Reluctantly I pulled the blankets off of me and climbed out of bed. I turned on the heater in the center of the room and sat on the floor to pull my books together. Then I grabbed my robes and started off to the bathroom.  Stepping into the shower I started to warm up from the hot water hitting me. Usually  I can get my showers done in about fifteen minutes but today  I stayed in for almost a half an hour just to stay warm. 

Once I finally tore myself out of the shower and got myself dressed I walked down to get some breakfast. My eyes scanned the room as I searched for someone to sit down by, Hermione was already there so I went over and sat down by her.

"Neville lost his Jumper, the brown one, have you seen it" Ginny asked me as I grabbed an apple. Before I could answer her I saw Fred and  George talking to a girl from Ravenclaw. Fred walked away from the girl and I saw George lean down and kiss her on the cheek. "Sienna?" Ginny asked again.

"Uh, no sorry I haven't." I said quietly. I took a bite of my apple and then set it back down on the table. "I'm actually not feeling that well, I'm going to go lie down for a little bit before classes start." I added and then started to walk away before they said anything back to me.

I just don't understand, I thought that after all this time we spent together that he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend. It really seemed like he wanted to be with me, but I guess not.

I took off my cloak and threw it on the floor, kicked my shoes under the bed and crawled under the covers that I forgot to make this morning. Pulling the covers over my head and tucking my feet under me I just laid there for a minute.

To be honest, I kind of saw this coming. This whole last week George had been acting weird. Usually it was the three of us just hanging out, but George kept making excuses up to why he had to leave early, or he would just blow us off completely and then tell us that he forgot about us. I had seen George around with that girl a little too, but I didn't think anything of it. George was funny, who wouldn't want to be friends with him. She was really pretty, no wonder George liked her, she was way prettier than me. I don't know how long I lied there for, I'm sure that I missed a couple classes already. I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

"Sienna." I woke up to Hermione tapping my shoulder to wake me up.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked sitting up in the bed.

"Here, not feeling well?" She asked and threw a wrapped up sandwich on the bed, she set some soup on the night stand. I felt bad lying to her, but I did anyways.

"Thanks Hermione, my stomach has been killing me all day, I think I will go see Madam Pomfrey later."  I said thank you again as she left the dorm and I started to eat my food.

When I was sure that everyone was in classes I snuck out to the library. I took a seat in the far back, the only other people that were in here were a couple of older Slytherin boys. I laid my books out on the table and started to study.

"Hey class skipper." Someone said putting their hands on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Spencer, who to be honest, I really didn't want to see right now.

"Yeah you're one to talk, I haven't seen you in Defense Against the Dark Arts, or even in the common room in weeks. How are you even passing still?" I asked, a little more mean than I meant it to be.

"I'm not passing anymore, I'm not passing anything. There's talk that I might get expelled." Spencer said softly. I pulled the chair next to me out and patted it motioning for him to sit down next to me.

"Spence, I'm sorry. What's going on?" I asked him. He told me all about what had been happening with Danielle, she had been seeing another guy the whole time they were together and he found out recently.  I hugged my knees to my chest and started to tell him about what was going on with George.

Talking to Spencer almost made me feel normal again, he is a huge part of my life and now that he is back I feel more comfortable. Walking around without my best friend has sucked.