Chapter 24 - We Make Up

One week later

Nyla

It has been at least a week since I saw Kaius at the hotel and poured my heart out. What shocked me is that he didn't run away or found me different and this time he understood the meaning of space. But it doesn't stop Ashley and Evan from coming around especially when I cook or when one of my aunts' cooks for them. Even my aunt Janice likes them, but she is still pissed off at Kaius for what he did.

I'm a bit annoyed at Evan for giving details to my aunt about my relationship with Kaius for food. I mean whose side are you on? Knowing Aunt J, she will try to find a way to get under Kaius's skin. Even though I told her that I will handle it on my own.

I was outside in the backyard, I looked at my phone and noticed that Linda has been blowing up my phone since that night. I wasn't ready to talk about everything that I've been dealing with for the past few years and I've been avoiding her for that reason. Oh well, I decided to face the music and give Linda a call.

"Hey Linda." I said in a guilty tone.

She sucks her teeth over the phone. "Don't hey me heifer! ... I heard about you and Kaius camping out at the hotel you were staying at. Uh-huh and don't lie, Evan told me!" Said Linda.

"Damn it, Evan is a goddamn snitch!" I spat out and we burst out with laughter.

"Haha hell, I'll stop cooking for him, never mind." I can't do that to my friend.

"So, are you coming out tonight?" Linda asked.

"To where and with who?!" I asked.

"We're heading to a club and then dinner." She said.

"Who's gonna be there?!" I asked, knowing that she's up to something.

"William, Evan, and ya know yours truly." She said.

"Really, and no one else right?" I asked.

"Ashley is gonna talk to JoJo, ugh, and if you are referring to Kaius, I honestly don't think he's coming even though William invited him." Linda said.

I sighed in relief, but I also felt sad at the same time. "Ok, I'll go, besides I'm really not in the mood to deal with his Jekyll & Hyde wolf mood swings." I said.

"You act like you don't want him, but you do?" I swear I hate it when she knows my mind.

"Girl please that man is an asshole." I said.

"Yea, but you kissed that asshole multiple times and you let him go down on you, multiple times and you liked it. We all have heard you a few times at the house, you a screamer." Linda said to me and I was speechless.

"See this is why I don't tell you shit!" I was getting annoyed.

"Don't get mad, you the one that's in love with Kaius!" Linda laughed.

"Girl please, I may like him, but I don't love him." I said.

"Uh-huh, sure." Linda sucked her teeth.

"Anyway crow, what time for tonight?" I asked

"Can you be ready by 6:30 pm and stop calling me crow!" She snapped.

"Nope, that's your name! Oh can I smoke this time please?" I asked.

"Yes, you can." She said.

"Ok bye crazy."

Kaius

I've never been a patient man, I'm trying to respect her wishes and give her time to think and all. But god damnit how much time does she need. It's not like I cheated on her this time and I wouldn't do that again. But I did hurt her emotionally, I made her feel like nothing and I don't want to see her like that again.