Chapter 4 - The Meet pt. 3

Nyla

         As I came back to the main area of the house where everyone is. I felt everyone's eyes on me and it was straight up weird. I spotted Travis, Linda, and William standing next to another man talking. 

I was about to walk over there, till I caught this smell of oranges and mint. It smelled nice and it was inviting. It was strange I smelled it earlier when I came inside, but now it's stronger. I quickly realized that the smell was coming from that direction. It was coming from that man, but why? I then noticed that the same man that my cousins were talking to was staring at me hard, like he was angry or something. I could tell that the man was a bit older than me, but still very attractive.

I never thought I would be attracted to a white guy, but don't get me wrong the man in front of me was gorgeous. He had to be at least 6.2 or 6.3 in height and very fit with tan skin. His long neatly dark blonde brown twists that goes past his shoulders with a nice cut beard. The man must work out on the regular cause he is very muscular and how his buttoned dark gray shirt and black jeans were fitting him.

"Goddamn he fine!" I blurred out. Then quickly looked around hoping no one heard me and walked towards Linda.

         I'm drawn to this man and I don't know why, but what really caught my attention was those beautiful golden gray eyes of his. They are very hypnotizing. I can't help but think that I've seen those eyes before. My trance broke when Linda said something to me.

"Wait what?" I said, looking confused.

"Who was it on the phone, that got you pissed off?" Linda asked.

"Who else?!" I said.

"Oh, what does he want?" Linda said.

"Nothing, same bullshit." I said, rolling my eyes.

"For real." Linda laughs and takes a deep breath then looks over to the man that is still staring at me. "Anyway, this dickhead - I mean this man here is Kaius Richards." She said as Kaius shot cold look at her and then back at me.

What I really was about to say, well wanted to say was, 'Nope dickhead is a perfect name for him,' but I didn't, I had to be nice to him. So, I put on my best smile.

         "Oh hi, I'm Nyla Brooks." I had my hand out expecting that he would reciprocate, but he continued to give me this angry and cold look.

"Humph. Hi, excuse me." Kaius said in his deep voice as he brushes pass me and walks off into the dining room.

"Okay, what is that all about?" Asking both William & Linda. I for second, I felt sad about him brushing me off like that, but I couldn't understand why. "I should go, this isn't right." I said walking towards the door, but, William stopped me.

"Nothing, I wouldn't worry about it, Kaius is really not a people person." Said William.

"I can see that." I said as I glanced at Kaius. He caught me looking at him, I quickly looked away and I just rolled my eyes in disgust.

"I beg to differ, anyway let me introduce you to some people and then we can eat." Linda said.

"Ok cool." I said.

Linda calls out to a few people. "Hey sis-in-law, this my cousin Nyla. This is Ashley, William's sister."

"Hi, nice to meet you." Ashley said, smiling.

"Likewise." I said and smiled back.

"Ok, over there, that's Graham, Daryl, and Jojo - Ashley's boyfriend." Linda said.