Chapter 9 - Remember

5 hours later

Kaius

After a long run, I head back to the pack house, to check on Nyla. Once I got into my room I noticed that she was still out cold and her clothes where changed. Her hair was out and it's curly, it looked better that way. I went into the bathroom, got a shower and put on some fresh clean clothes. I came out 20 mins later and sat beside her. Touching her hair, smelling her very sweet scent, I still can't get over how beautiful she is. She even looks peaceful sleeping, which made me calm. I don't like this feeling I feel when I'm around her.

Part of me feels the need to love her, wanting to accept her and wonder if she will accept all of me as well. The other part, along with love comes the fear, I'm afraid of losing her. I've been alone for a long time and gave up hope. Then the moon goddess has struck me with her. The second I touched her hand and I remembered something.

(Flashback from Kaius's dream)

I started to remember seeing a little girl who followed me everywhere I went. I think she was maybe 3 or 4 years old. She would always call me 'mate' or 'wolfy' every time she saw me. Or maybe she just couldn't pronounce my name or something. I thought it was cute and never paid it no mind. The little girl wasn't like the other children in the pack, she was special. She made me happy and I kept her close to me.

Then I remembered seeing her going away, she disappeared, and I felt sad, alone mostly. Before the girl left, she said something to me, 'I've been waiting for you... please find me.' Her voice was different, before I could say anything she left.

(End of flashback)

But this feeling, the wanting to be near her was the same as with that little girl. I wonder what it means.

'She's pretty, our mate... And strong, perhaps a lot stronger than you give her credit for.' Bax said.

'I know she is.' I said, like I didn't already know. 'I'm keeping her around, she will be guarded for now on. Not as my mate, but to train among us. Since Evan said she defended herself, I want to see what she can do.'

'When are you going to stop lying to yourself, or to us? You want her in every way. Remember Kaius you can never lie to me!' Bax growled out in m head as I grunted.

Our conversation stopped once I heard Linda come in and gave me the coldest and meanest stare on the planet. She walked right past me, sat beside Nyla on the other side of the bed and checked on her bandages.

"I hope you don't mind I changed her clothes since her current ones were covered in sweat & blood. Also, Ashley left to go home, Darryl left after, He showed me how to apply the bandage and ointment. He said that she can remove it in the morning since she is healing at a very fast rate. Ashley and I also brought her a completely new wardrobe with your credit card." Linda said with a serious look.

"Not at all, thank you." I said. I guess I had that coming. She sucked her teeth at me.

"I didn't do it for you, asshole!... I did it for her... You are her mate and you were supposed to protect her you son of a bitch! If anything happens to my cousin, it's going to be me and you." Linda storms off and heads to her room.

"Linda!!" I called out to her, growling. I don't like being disrespected from any woman. "Linda, damnit!!" I called her name out again.

"Go fuck yourself Kaius!" Linda yells out and slams the door. William and Evan look from the bottom of the stairs shaking their heads.

William was right, Linda is pissed with me and has every right to be. My past indiscretions almost got her cousin, my mate killed. I head downstairs to the kitchen, grabbed a few beers and sat at the table with the guys.