Chapter 17 - Own It

Nyla

Klaus took me to a place called 'Mike's Bar' I was expecting it to be a rundown place, but it wasn't. It was pretty nice on the inside and a bit crowded. We took our seats and ordered a few drinks.

I listened to Klaus talk for a while till my mind constantly wondered about Kaius. That wasn't good I shouldn't be thinking about him especially after what he's done and after what I felt.

"Nyla are you ok?" Klaus asked me.

"I'm sorry... My mind is somewhere else." I said.

"Does it involved that Alpha you're mated to?" Klaus asked me. I didn't want to answer that question.

"It's complicated." I said.

"Want to talk about it?" Klaus asked, trying to pick my brain.

"Next subject. Klaus why did you bring me here?" I asked.

He smiled at me. "Okay don't tell me. I have my ways of finding out... Other than that, it's amateur night here. Plus, I'm leaving tomorrow, I'll be heading overseas to visit my family home." He said to me.

"Really?... So, this is your last night huh?" I asked.

"Yep... Oh, don't get mad, but I put you on the list." Klaus said.

"For what?" I asked.

"To sing?" He said and smiled.

My eyes popped out from what Klaus did. "No Klaus!" I said and lightly hit him on the shoulder.

"Come on. You look like you need to blow off some steam." Klaus said and kissed my hand. I instantly blushed, but then quickly felt guilty.

"You not kidding I had a crappy day today. Okay, I'll do it." I said and sighed.

I looked to the stage and an elderly woman came to the stage to speak. The woman was beautiful, and she looked familiar to me. She reminded me of my aunt Janice and my late mother.

"Hello and welcome to Mike's bar, I'm the owner & host Pearla Moore. As you all know now this is 'Open mic night' winner gets $500. So do your best and have fun!" She said and got off the stage.  

Some of the contestants were pretty good and I was having a good time. Then I heard my name being called to the stage.

"Now next to the stage is Nyla, give it up!" She smiled as the crowd clapped. I head up to the stage and the woman gives me a blank stare. She looked happy, but sad.

I smiled at her. "Hi... Are you okay?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry you remind me of someone I knew... So, what are you going to sing?" She asked me.

"It's called 'Trust & Believe' by Keyshia Cole, is that ok?" I asked. The host was surprised and smiled.

"That's fine, give it up!" Everyone clapped.

I walked to the front of the stage adjusted the microphone and started to sing. Once I finished, the crowd cheered and the host looked at me as if she was crying. I looked to Klaus and he was clapping hard.

"Thank you." I said and bowed. I rushed back to my table.

"That was great girl!" Klaus hugged me tightly.

"Yeah it was. I feel a lot better, too bad you are leaving tomorrow." I said and sat back down.

"Yea, but you know I don't have to leave by myself... You can come with me and travel until classes start." Klaus said and smiled.