Chapter 7 - Confrontation

Next day

Kaius

         I'm in the office handling some business until Simone storms in and slams my door shut. As much as I really don't feel like dealing with her now, I will eventually have too at some point. Might as well be now.

"Kaius! I just heard that human bitch from the party hit you and she is your mate! Is it true?!" Simone yelled.

"Surprisingly yes, Nyla Brooks is my mate, what's it to you?" I said curiously and leaned back in my chair.

"I thought that you were going to claim me as your mate and luna! Since I've been handling all duties of a Luna anyway!" She yells.

I laughed and pushed myself away from my desk. "I never said that I was going to claim you or anyone. I don't do mates you know that and how I deal with Nyla is my business and mine alone. So, I'm warning you don't stir this pot." I said in a warning tone. "And another thing just because you were fucking me on the regular basis doesn't make you a Luna."

"Oh, come on, Kaius we had a good thing going and we still can, you know I want you. I love you and I know you want me so just reject her." She said seductively as she got on her knees, trying to unbutton my pants, but I stopped her.

"There isn't a you and me, their never was and never will be. You knew that from the beginning that I just and only wanted to fuck, nothing more. I don't know why you keep doing this to yourself." I said then looked down at my pants. "And this, you unbuttoning my pants doesn't interest me anymore." I yanked her hand away.

"You're really gonna consider that human as your Luna! That title should only belong to me! No one can fuck you like I can." Simone said and gets up. I had to laugh at that, she really thought that I was hooked. If anyone was hooked it was her, just as every other woman has.

"Oh, don't flatter yourself, I've had better... I know it bothered you when Nyla told you off last night. In fact, no one tells you off, except for Evan of course, but a girl, a human girl, never. She really got under your skin and she almost fought you. Here I thought she was just some loud mouth chick, but for once I was wrong." I said smiling.

"She's violent and brings nothing but trouble. I'm surprised William nor Linda didn't tell you about your mate's criminal record." Simone said. I sat back upright in my chair.

"What did you say?" I asked. I wanted her to repeat what she said. Simone huffed out with an attitude and tossed a file on my desk with my mate's name on it.

"Your mate has a criminal record. When William mentioned her to you the other day. I took the liberty to do a background check. The boring stuff is there school, jobs, family, etc... What caught my attention was the assault & battery charge, and the assault police officer charge for resisting arrest, when she was at the bar in New York City. Some man touched her inappropriately and Nyla broke his jaw, dislocated his shoulder and gave him an concussion. The photos are there. She spent a month on Rikers Island awaiting trial and was to supposedly, get at least 5 years in prison, but only was sentenced to probation for 6 months, pay a fine of $2000.00, and had to take anger management classes. Apparently the girl has friends in high places, because she was able to keep her scholarship and the charges were recently dropped once she completed her probation." She said as I looked through the file.

"Really is this suppose to change my mind or think of her differently? No, the fact that William or Linda not telling me this prior, means they had there reasons. But this does seem legit. What I don't understand is why are you bringing this to me now?" I asked.

She didn't give me an answer, but I'm not stupid. When it comes to me, Simone doesn't like competition from no woman. She always wanted me to herself. I used to find this funny and cute years ago, but now it's pathetic and desperate on her part.