Chapter 10 - The Warden

Nyla

I woke up laying in Kaius's arms on the sofa and to be honest it was nice. But this was something I didn't want to do, regularly. After Bax and I spoke, it made me realize I have a lot of things to think about and look into. Wolves, mates, and other supernatural stuff, it's a lot to take in. I keep looking at this man in front of me as he sleeps peacefully and realize that Kaius barks like a dog in his sleep. Which is funny yet I feel complete when I'm close to him like this. I reach out to touch his face, but he opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Morning." I said laughing.

"Hi Nyla." Kaius yawned out to say.

"You want me to get up?" I asked while trying to stretch my legs.

"No, you're fine. That was some good sleep. What's so funny?" Kaius asked.

"The barking, you bark in your sleep." I smiled.

"That's bullshit. I don't bark in my sleep." He said grunting as I giggled.

  "Yes, you do. Woof, woof. Who's a good boy, who's a good boy."  I teased and touched his hair and ears. Kaius turned to me, he started to growl and show sharp teeth.

"Don't do that. I'm not a dog girl." He said with anger. I stopped and let out a chuckle.

"Sorry... Um Kaius, where am I going today?" I said. He sighed and looked at his phone.

"Evan is off today, and Ashley is out until the evening. So, you get the pleasure of being with me today." Kaius smiled at me and not in a good way. I rolled my eyes at the thought of being around him today, all day.

"I can't stay with Evan?" I asked. Kaius's eyes turned completely black and growled at me.

"I told you the night I met you. When I kissed these soft lips and grabbed that very soft smackable ass of yours that I don't want you around any other man alone but me. If Ashley is not around you then Evan is most definitely not going to be around you." Kaius said and turned away.

I sucked my teeth and jumped up from his lap. Making a beeline to the bathroom, but Kaius caught up to me, holding my waist. He buried his head in my neck. He was purring or his lycan was, it started to turn me on, but I knew that I can't. I didn't want to raise my hopes. So, I broke free from him.

"Kaius don't ok... You said that you didn't want me as your mate remember, because I'm human right? Then lets not make it what its not." I said and pushed him back.

"Yeah I did say that... Be ready in 30min." Kaius sternly said. I nodded.

"Can I drive?" I asked.

"No! Not my car!" He said snapping at me.

"Okay! No need to bite my head off. I only asked grouchy." I said with an attitude.

         I managed to find something decent to wear within my new wardrobe and it didn't show my butt cheeks. However, it did show the shape of my body very well. I went downstairs wearing light blue jeggings, a white beater shirt, sneakers and a light jacket. Kaius looked at me smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"You're wearing my shirt." He said.

"Well, yes. The shirts that Linda got me are more like nipple pasties. I like men's clothes I find then to be more comfortable." I said. Kaius laughed.

"You look nice and it looks like you've completely healed." He said and touches my neck.

"I know, it's weird." I said.