Chapter 5 - The punch

30 minutes prior

Kaius

         After finding my mate, I was extremely happy till I realized that she's human, which bothered me a lot. Of all the she-wolves why a human girl, I'm a royal lycan I should've been paired up with someone who would meet my standards. However, William is insisting that I give her a chance, spite me promising him to be nice to the weakling.

So far, I've watched her meet the few wolves here while I drown myself in scotch. Then I heard some of the unmuted male wolves thoughts about her, more of what they want to do to her sexually through the link. It pissed me and my lycan off to know that those bastards would have such thoughts about her. I growled out in an instant and linked them informing that the human girl is off limits.

I continued to watch her from a distance looking at her, then my eyes wonder to the rest of her, which look very nice. Then I noticed my cousin Evan walked over and spoke to her. He noticed that I was watching her as they spoke and danced together. It bothered me that he was close to her, but what bothered me most of all was that my mate said that she doesn't like me to my face.

To be honest I was speechless, no woman has never said that they don't like me, that was unheard of, women love me. In fact women throw themselves at me constantly believing that something more would come out of it, but nothing never does. But for Nyla to say that to me was uncalled for and I didn't like it.

I had no words for her so I went back to the dining hall and continued to drink till everyone came in and sat down. I was hoping that Nyla would come and sit down next to me, but she didn't. Travis sat next to me till Simone burst in demanding that he give up his seat and Travis refused.

Just like Evan, Travis is another who can't stand Simone either. Those three would always have words to the point where it gets below the belt. Yet what surprised me this evening how she handled Travis, it was quite funny and what she also said to him in Spanish.

         Shortly after I turned my attention towards Evan and Nyla's conversation. I found out that the girl is in college studying art and that she just transferred here. Which was good I can keep tabs on her. It was interesting till I found out that she models naked for a living. My blood started to boil at that moment, especially when Evan kept checking her out and saying that he wanted to see her naked out loud. Then to myself through the link. The thought of any man seeing her without clothes or just touching her would have their hands cut off, their eyes ripped from their skulls and crushed in my hands. For once I really had to restrain myself.

  Things were going semi - fine until Simone spoke out with her annoying voice making a fool of herself and then getting told off by Evan. To be honest, I was unbothered by what Evan said to Simone. They do that on the regular, but I didn't like how Evan put my personal business out in front of everyone to hear, in front of Nyla at least. Then to find out that there was a video of me getting a blowjob by Simone earlier and that my mate has seen it.

I continued to watch Evan and Simone throw there petty comments back & forth at each other till Simone zeroed in on my mate. I looked at Nyla in awe and was basically speechless the entire time when she told Simone off. Which almost lead to a fight and I made Simone leave right after.

I don't tolerate wolves fighting humans in my pack, I never have and I never will. I knew from the beginning that Nyla wasn't trying to start anything due to her arrangement with Linda. Yet this time I think Simone bit off more than she can chew, the human girl is no pushover...

Present

"I'm sorry, what did you say?!" Nyla asked me. Oh you didn't hear me, well I'll say it again.