Chapter 13 - Girl's Day

4 weeks later

Ashley

It has been about four weeks since I felt my mate's betrayal which led to him rejecting me. Followed by my miscarriage right after. Darryl, the pack doctor said that I'm okay physically and I can have more children, but I paid it no mind. It means nothing to me. I wish I could say that I'm okay, but I'm not. The pain is still there, not physically, but emotionally.

Jojo has hurt me repeatedly with his cheating and disrespect. I would always deal with the pain in silence and put on a good face. Linda always knew and would try to encourage me to put my foot down and not be a doormat. But I never did, and it cost me my baby. I cried so many times and woken up in the middle of the night screaming. Thinking about my unborn baby, whom I'll never get to know. It just hurts.

I looked to the door from where I was sitting at and noticed a iPhone in someone's hand sticking out, pressing play. I immediately recognized the beat. I also knew who it was Linda but what I didn't expect was Nyla to be here as well.

They came in and started dancing to "Truth Hurts' by Lizzo in their pajamas onesies, singing one of the verses. I remained seated in my armchair just looking at them. Thinking to myself, on how they looked absolutely ridiculous, but I couldn't help but laugh and I like this song.

Nyla came to me and grabbed my hand to get me to stand up and dance with them. I didn't want to at first, but I did. We continued to sing off key till the song was over. We laid out on the couch and just laughed with each other.

"Thank you. I really needed that." I sighed happily.

"No problem." Linda smiled.

"Yea that was fun." Nyla smiled at me.

"How are you anyway?" Linda asked me. I wasn't sure how to respond to that question.

"I'm fine... I feel numb sometimes. I hate him and part of me still loves him." Ashley said.

"Numb is good, but you'll figure it out and you have us." Linda said, hugging me.

"Yep, you sure do." Nyla smiled.

"Jojo still calls me and wants to talk but I'm not ready to see him." I said.

"Honey there is no rush." Linda said.

"Nyla, I wanted to thank you for helping me these past few weeks. I know I was difficult to you at first while I was grieving and being mad at the world... I thought you didn't like me because I'm - wait, I was friends with Simone." I said.

"No. I was a bit stand-offish at first. I knew that was your friend at the time. Simone and I had some words -" Nyla said till she was cut off by Linda.

"Like y'all did at the hospital and after?" Linda laughed.

"Thanks crow." Nyla rolled her eyes. "But my issue with Simone has nothing to do with you. I do like ya and I hope one day we can be friends because I don't have any girlfriends besides Linda." She said.

"Yeah, I would like that Nyla." I said and hugged her.

"Cool." Nyla smiled.

"Hey, is it true that you kicked Simone's ass in the hospital? And you pulled out her hair?" I asked and smiled.

"Guilty as charged. I saw red and went for it. I can't stand the bitch nor did I like what she did to you." Nyla said.

"Thank you for kicking her ass for me. I just wish I saw the fight." I said.