Chapter 3 - The Meet pt. 2

Kaius

         As I walk into the main area of the pack house, music was blasting, playing various types. Mostly everyone arrived including Simone and like every other girl, she tried to talk to me once I stepped into the room. For once I'm not in the mood to deal with any woman tonight except kicking it with my best friend William.

"Hey Kaius, you're here. I was worried that you wouldn't show up tonight giving the huge work load you've been taking on lately." William said.

"I am, but I wasn't going to miss this, and I needed to get out." I said and looked around. "So, where's your mate?" 

"Linda is on her way here with Travis and she's bringing their cousin." William said. I snapped right back at William.

"Are you fucking crazy?! You allowed your mate to bring an outsider to a pack house. It's supposed to be pack members only!" I shouted.

"Calm down alright, its only her cousin that's coming and she is going to be in the wedding as her maid-of-honor. I told you that she was coming." William said.

"Yeah, I do...  Oh great, fucking humans." I huffed with annoyance. "Why didn't she pick someone else like Ashley, your sister?"

"Hey man, she insisted. Ashley was fine with her choice and Linda wouldn't take no for an answer, she wanted her cousin and they grew up together so I'm fine with it. Besides I can't say no to Linda, especially if it involves who she wants in the wedding." William said.

"I don't ever want to get married, but I'm going to miss my wingman." I said proudly and slapped him on the back.

"Please, never say never, you'll find your mate." William said.

"I don't believe in mates anymore. Besides, I like my freedom and I threw in the towel with that mates shit a long time ago." I said and gulped down my drink.

"You know that you're full of shit, right? You might find her tonight." William said, smirking.

"Am I? ... You're lucky, only you and my cousin Evan can speak to me like that. I've never found mine and never will. I've grown to accept it." I said and gulped down another drink.

"Hey, I meant nothing by it... Oh yeah Linda wanted me to give you a message or a warning however you want to take it. It's up to you." William said.

A smirk came upon my face. 'Oh really huh, I wondered what his little mate has to tell me.' I thought to myself.

"Oh and what's that?" I asked sarcastically, as I fix myself another drink.

"Her cousin is off limits." William said. I look up at William with a confused look on my face.

"Excuse me?!" I asked, yet I was surprised.

"Hey man her words not mine." William said.

"Why would she say that?" I asked and I was curious.

"I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with your cold, curt personality and the way you treat women after they've served their purpose. I think the term she used was pig, womanizer, playboy, oh my personal favorite was -" William said as I cut him off.

"Yeah, I get it! Humph. Who I fuck, whether a she-wolf or a human girl is not Linda's concern? I do as I please as I am Alpha, no one is off limits to me." I growled and gulped down my drink.

"Hey like I said before, her words not mine, but please try to be nice to her cousin. You know that you can be a dick sometimes." William said to me.

"Fine, I'll be nice to the human girl as long as she's nice to me. Linda's lucky that you're her mate... I don't tolerate disrespect from any woman, she-wolf or not." I gulped down my third and fourth drink.