Chapter 11 - Breather

Nyla

"DO NOT FOLLOW ME!!" I shouted at Kaius and stormed off.

I walked down the street, my mind was racing at 1000 mph. I couldn't believe I let my anger get the best of me or whatever got the best of me. Shit, I could've hurt that girl, even though they did tried to jump me.

Don't get me wrong. I normally don't lose my cool like I just did. Yet, the second I was hit. I no longer felt like myself. It was almost as if a switch went off in my head and someone else just took over. Zeroing in on the girl who hit me. I wanted her to feel pain, I wanted to see the light drain from her eyes. I knew it was wrong, but part of me enjoyed squeezing that other girls neck till her face changed colors or wondering what color would appear on her face next, but I stopped. I heard his voice, Kaius's voice snapped me back into reality.

This has happened before and I don't know what to do nor who to speak to about it. I've been to so many doctors and they found nothing wrong with me. I wondered if I was going crazy, part of me feels like I am. I'll be dammed if I tell Kaius this he wouldn't understand. I saw the look on his face he wanted to know but I'm afraid. Like he cares, he's going to reject me anyway and then I can go back to my old life, being alone.

I miss the solitude. I haven't had a minute to myself since I came here. I continued to walk around till I caught a uber and went back to the pack house.

I arrived at the house about 40 mins later, I headed upstairs to his room, looking through the bags of clothes Linda brought me and took a long hot shower. The shower was great and it made me feel better, but now I was just tired. I put oil on my body and wore one of the shorts and shirts that I took from the bag, then combed out my hair. I went back downstairs into the living room, curled up on the sofa with a blanket and drifted off to sleep.

Kaius

I decided to give Nyla some space after seeing her walk down the street. Hell, I think we both need to not be near each other right now. Also, there are plenty of wolves around who know that she's my mate and will look after her. So, I don't have to worry too much. The girl nearly choked the hell out of one of the pack members, but I'm not surprised though. Those girls, Simone's friends did start it and I wasn't surprised that Simone put them up to it herself.

That's always been like Simone to weed out the weak. Or just to simply terrorize those into submission. Simone would always get jealous of another girl that looked in my direction or I would have relations with. She would always find a way to bully and terrorize them off. Originally, her jealousy was a turn on for many years and I would pay no mind to her petty tactics, but recently they have been getting out of hand. As well as the complaints I've been hearing about her are even worse, yet she wonders why I don't claim her.

However, this time I think she bit off more than she can chew. Nyla is no weakling and she proved that in front of me and my best female fighters in the pack. She might be even stronger than all of them, even me.

During the fight Nyla's scent changed as it did when she was attacked from that vampire. This time I could've sworn I heard her growl and saw her eyes changed colors, but her scent is what's bothering me the most. It changed, she smelled the same as before, but it was stronger and very familiar. Too damn familiar, my mate smelled like a wolf and not like no ordinary one either, it was rare.

I decided that I needed answers and I knew that my human mate won't give me those answers. Even if I was nice or I forced it out of her. So, I decided to contact Darryl. I went back inside the building only to find Simone cursing out Amy and Britney, then she turned to face me.