Chapter 8 - Changing

Nyla

Same day (Hours prior)

I've had that dream again, about the black wolf and those beautiful golden grey eyes that made me feel safe and secure. Then I woke up, remembering last night. That man and that kiss invaded my mind once again. Kaius, he kept looking at me last night as if I was a piece of meat to him or something. This is bad, that horn dog Kaius is a complete womanizing and a possessive asshole. Why the fuck would he say that I was his?... I really don't feel like dealing with a man, they find me to be weird, and they never keep my interest. Anyway, I decided to visit my parents grave site today. Luckily, Aunt Janice left the address for me and plot location.

I got up and turned on some music, went into the bathroom to take a shower and put on some regular clothes. Such as the loose black jeans and white shirt with some sneakers. Since that's my original mood on the regular and headed into the kitchen.

"Hey Aunties." I said while making me a cup of coffee.

"Morning Nyla." Janice said while sipping her tea. "Will you be alright by yourself going there, to see your parents grave, that is?"   

"Yeah, I'll be fine, and I want to do this alone. I'll be seeing Linda afterwards, to help her with the wedding theme and to help her cook." I said.

"Good, poor child, she still can't cook, but she tries." Aunt Evelyn sighs.

"Still?!" Aunt Janice said but wasn't surprised.

I finished my coffee and headed to the door.

         "Yep, that's why I'm helping... Anyway, I'm out and thanks for the flowers, Aunt J." I said.

"Wait... How are you getting to the cemetery?" Janice asked.

"I'm using Travis's bike." I said, but I knew she was worried. 

"I hate it when you're on those things." Janice said, worrying.

"Aunt Janice, you can relax because I do have my motor license and my driver's license." I reassured her.

"Fine. See you later." She said.

"Bye!" I said and headed out.

I rode out to the cemetery on my cousin's bike. I love feeling the wind on my face and throughout my hair, I always have. It makes me feel free. The cemetery wasn't hard to find, but the plot was challenging, but I found it.

I brushed the leaves off their tombstone, putting the flowers in its place and stood there.

"Hey mom, hey dad. It's me, Nyla, all grown up." I said to them.

I started to think about them. Part of me wishes, that I knew them and another part of me feels resentment towards them for leaving me at a young age. It's a shame that I don't even remember them at all.

As I continued to stand over their graves, lost in my thoughts. I snapped back into reality, when I heard someone call out my name. I turned around it was Evan standing there with a bouquet of Lilies.

"Nyla?" Evan said. "It's me Evan, we met last night at the party."

"Yeah I remember. Hey." I smiled and walked to him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Nothing, just visiting my parents grave, giving them flowers, and thinking. You?" I said as we walked.

"Same here, but for my wife, Melanie. She passed away 3 years ago. She was killed by a wild animal. Lillies where her favorite." He said with sadness in his eyes.