Epsom

"Are you coming Aurora?" Michael asked politely as Aurora wandered through the door, her hair wild, cheeks flushed and the strong smell of horses emitting from her. He'd taking a liking to Aurora the most out of the family, she had been the most welcoming and friendly. Polly, his Mom told him everything there was to know about Aurora, all his Mom seemed to do was rave about the woman's kind heart and how she didn't think Tommy was good enough for Aurora yet she was happy that Tommy had her in his life.

Blowing out air, Aurora placed her hands on her hips and tried to regain the breath she'd lost on her run around with Fortune. The chilly air had almost suffocated her as the wind forced its way into her airways.
"Where?" She wheezed giving Michael a weak smile.
Walking into the room Polly watched the girl bend over and let out a huge breath. Rolling her eyes she adjusted her hat and took Aurora by the arm, pulling her back up into a standing position as if she were teaching a child how to walk.
"To see the new house" Polly answered already leading Aurora towards the front door. Before Aurora could protest she had already been dragged back out into the cold and bringing her hands under her armpits she tried to keep them warm.
"Michael's going to try driving" Polly announced opening the passenger side door and climbing in. Jumping into the back Aurora watched Michael step into the car and stared intensely at him.
"You ever drive before Michael?" She wondered twisting her head to the side, refusing to move her gaze from him.
"No, I'm pretty nervous" He admitted and shrugging her shoulders Aurora smiled reassuringly.
"Well if we die we die Michael, ain't no stoppin' it from 'appening" She sang appearing eerily content with her statement.
"We're not going to die, you're going to do wonderful Michael" Polly butted in giving her niece a warning glance causing Aurora to shrug and poke her tongue out.
"Is he going to give us a wonderful death Aunt Pol?" Aurora mocked with a smile as the car hummed to life and Michael sent them jerking towards.
"Aurora I will kick you out this car, shut up" Polly snapped before giving Michael a motherly look "That's it darling, nice and easy"

They had made it in once piece after almost crashing twice. Michael drove quite well with it being his first time yet Aurora's white knuckles and clenched jaw told another story. She was surprised her grip hadn't snapped the car handle. Truth be told at some points in the journey she felt ready to open the car door and roll out. Finally getting back out the car Aurora allowed her teeth to unclench and coming to stand next to Michael Aurora looked over and Polly's house and made a weak attempt to whistle.
"Bloody 'ell Pol! Tommy did good! This house is beautiful"
Leaving both Mother and son behind Aurora rushed up the steps to Polly's house and bouncing on her toes by the door she turned and looked back like an excited pup.
"Come on! I want to claim a room so I can hide from Tommy when he irritates me"
Aurora was quite disappointed in herself for turning down Tommy's offer for a new house, Polly's was stunning but Aurora wouldn't know what to do with all the rooms. Her small house was enough for her and she would continue to cherish it like it was her very own castle. Aurora imagined that Tommy would want something larger than their homes if the business continued to grow at a rapid rate. The streets of Birmingham and Middlesbrough wouldn't be enough for Tommy to showcase his wealth.

Once inside Aurora left Polly and Michael alone to talk while she wondered around the halls of Polly's house. It appeared much larger inside, large enough for Aurora to get lost as she went from room to room, admiring the newly place furniture and decor. Polly was fixing the place up nicely, there were a few things that still needed work but the house would soon be fit for a Queen and Polly could happily rule over the family from the comfort of her own home. Walking into one of the bedrooms Aurora made her way through the room and looked out the window and into the garden. As she stood by the window she wondered what was next for the family.
What happened once Tommy had London in his grasp? What did he plan to do next?
What did she do next? Was it time for her to become a teacher and settle into a new way of life?
Would Tommy move into that big house? Would she be by his side?
There were so many questions spinning around in Aurora's mind causing the front of her head to pound in discomfort. She didn't understand the fear bubbling up in her stomach as she continued to stare down at Polly's rose bushes. Aurora knew what ever came next wasn't really important as long as Tommy was still there for her to love, but what?......but what if he wasn't?