Dancing

Aurora could feel herself readying to burst from excitement, she could feel her feet bouncing beneath as they pushed her forwards. Her arm held on to Tommy's bicep tightly, it was quite alarming to Aurora at just how fast the man was at walking. If she hadn't of been so happy, Aurora imagined she would have been causing a fuss by now. He was taking her dancing, Aurora had yet to experience a night out like this. She had never been the girl to go out to clubs, in fact she avoided them for the quietness of a pub but Aurora also loved to dance. Tommy made her want to try new things and if he was beside her, she had no reason to object. Aurora wanted his time, she wanted to do things that would bring them together and make them stronger as a team over time. Aurora knew it would take time to capture the heart of a man like Thomas Shelby yet she wouldn't give up, she would have him in the end.

Looking around, Aurora noticed there was a quite a few couples following the same path they were. Other people were in groups, laughing along with their drinks high in the air, toasting to life. Aurora wondered if they were heading to the same place intent on dancing through the night. It was fascinating to see so many people in a state a carelessness and unquenchable triumph. A sense of freedom fluttered throughout the nightly air, it was time to celebrate.

"I had no idea you could dance Tommy!" Aurora beamed, looking up at Tommy and squeezing his arm.
She had been digging deep into her curiosity since leaving the house, wondering if Tommy knew how to dance. He didn't seem the type to go out his way to enjoy a bit of dancing especially when he had some much going on. It made Aurora's insides flutter at the thought of him wanting to do it with her. He had made the choice to spend time with her without Aurora voicing her needs and trying to persuade him to stay.

Quickly removing her hand from his arm, Tommy took Aurora's hand and spun her. Letting out a startled yelp, Aurora stumbled and fell into Tommy with a laugh. She hadn't been expecting him to do that and looking up she saw a hint of a smirk crossing over his face.
"You are in need of more practice mouse"
Wrapping an arm around Aurora's waist, Tommy helped Aurora balance herself and keeping his arm in place, he quickly pulled her along. As they turned the corner, Aurora finally knew where they were heading. She could see the lights coming from the club, the people stumbling in and out the entrance, their faces alight with wide smiles. Men and women alike sang out loudly around them while they danced, their heels creating a soothing vibration against the pavement. The party outside was of immense size making Aurora think the one inside would surely be wild and intense. Aurora had been invited by a friend to come here when it opened a few years ago but she had denied the invitation. Seeing it now, she regretted denying her friend yet a part of her didn't because now she was going to experience it with Tommy.

"Have you been here before Tommy?" Aurora questioned, he seemed to know where he was going more so than she did.
"It's good to know the places you're thinking of taking over before you take them. Me, John and Arthur have had frequent visits here over the last year" Tommy replied, nodding his head at a passing man as he lifted his top hat in greeting.
Aurora could seem the familiarity on everyone's faces, they all knew Tommy here. Taking in Tommy's response, Aurora felt her mind go into a spin. It was always Tommy's ambition to take over but what would of happened if they had said no?
Would he have just came and destroyed the family before taking what was theirs?
No, even if he hadn't of met Aurora, she knew he was a reasonable man. He would of most likely tried to offer them favourable terms first and then should no mercy if they resisted. Tommy had spent the year of 1920 making his way through the North, it was a very peculiar to Aurora that she hadn't met him until now.

"Intelligent move Tommy, I shouldn't have expected anything less from you" Aurora smiled, rolling her eyes playfully, feeling her face flush as he squeezed her side and placed his lips against her ears.
"Seems you agree with my methods mouse"
"You may have took over me family business Tommy but I cannot deny your intelligence in doing it so cleverly, quickly. It's nearing the summer of 1921 and the North is already yours"
It was the truth, Aurora was in awe of Tommy's mind and the way it worked. He had a different approach to thinking that was unmatched by anyone else, Aurora doubted there was another man in England that could reach Tommy's level or perhaps it was her being biased.