Choose

Within a day Aurora had went from being in one prison to another. After being arrested by Campbell the first time, she never thought to find herself in this place again. She'd questioned the officers over and over on the way in but received no information as to what was going on instead a firm shut up was thrown her way. They were keeping her until they believed she was calm and no longer a threat. The sentence made Aurora scoff, she wasn't a threat she'd only pushed the bastard. Once locked in her cell Aurora had took to pacing up and down the small length of the room, biting on her nails with a firm frown on her face. Thoughts spun in her mind until she'd became lost inside them. None of it made sense, it was almost like she was beginning her walk through another nightmare but the slamming of the police van door behind her had woken her up. The arrests, the violence, seeing Tommy stood in the door watching them be drove away, it was all real.
What deal had he made? Why had he done this?
To his own family. That's what confused Aurora the most. This wasn't an enemy Tommy wanted rid of, this was family, the people he loved most. Tommy was many things but he wasn't the kind of man to set up his own family.
After coming to the conclusion that she wouldn't get her answers in here, Aurora sat down on the floor and waited to be free again.

It wasn't until the next morning that the cell door opened again and jumping to her feet, Aurora watched a single officer enter her room with a kind smile.
"Morning Miss Hayes, you're free to go" He announced stepping off to the side and gesturing for her to exit out the open door.
"Finally, even Hughes put me in a better cell than this" She remarked letting out a puff of air and racing forwards, excited to not be spending another second in the room with its leaking walls littered in black mould.
"What was that?" He asked taken aback by her words causing a small giggle to slip from her lips as she shook her head and shrugged.
"Nothin' just talking to meself. Have my family been released?" Aurora questioned hoping the kindness in his face didn't answer with sharp words. Someone had to know something, they couldn't keep telling her to be silence.
Instead of the anger she'd come to expect Aurora found herself face to face with pity.
"Didn't you hear miss? You're family aren't getting out, they're all going to be hung in due time"
Her knees bucked underneath her sending her to the floor with a loud thud. Her hand trembled as she brought it to cover her mouth and let out a startled cry. Tommy wouldn't send them to their deaths, he couldn't. She could already see the noose wrapped around her Dad's neck, his limp body swaying in the gallows. The first man to hold her heart as she held his, dead.
"No, you can't take my Dad from us" Aurora whispered to herself. She wouldn't be the only one to lose her Dad, David, Chris and John would too. Her Mam would lose the man she loved.
There was Arthur, John, Michael and Polly too. All were loved and all would be lost.
She remained on the floor for a moment, allowing a deathly silence to fill the room before she cleared her throat and got back to her feet, sniffing away the tears that threatened to fall as she did so.
"Show me the way out please"
Aurora had to get home, back to Middlesbrough. By now her Mam would be aware of what was happening and she couldn't go through this alone, she needed the support of Aurora and her siblings. They would all need to support each other now.

"Aurora" Lizzie exclaimed pulling her friend into as she made her way out the front doors. When they'd gotten the call that Aurora was to be released Lizzie had demanded that Tommy let her be the one to pick her up. All night they'd both paced Tommy's house waiting for news, neither one sleeping until the phone rang. Seeing Aurora now and feeling her warm frame allowed Lizzie's worry to slip away.
"Lizzie, what the fuck's goin' on?! They said they're all goin' to be hanged" Aurora trembled against her, fear striking at very core. Back and forth they swayed in the gallows and quickly pulling away from Lizzie, Aurora turned to the side and allowed the sickness she felt inside to come pouring out. Ignoring the smell that filled the air, Lizzie stepped closer and rubbed Aurora's back soothingly until she was done.
"Let's get you in the car first and I'll explain everythin'. Too many ears here" Lizzie murmured wrapping her arm around Aurora and leading her towards the car.
Still hunched over, Aurora softly nodded her head and allowed Lizzie to help her into the car. The car had been a recent gift from Tommy after Lizzie learnt how to drive. It was company policy that those working at Shelby Company Limited drove the same car but Aurora had went out the way to make sure the Bentley was green rather than black. Lizzie always looked beautiful green. Aurora imagined her own face was sporting the same colour yet unlike her friend she didn't quite suit it. Her gut was still continuing to twist inside her as her body became flushed and hot. God, she hadn't felt this sick in a long time.