Colt

Aurora spent two days at Lizzie's before Polly clicked her fingers and demanded Aurora stay with her. In truth Polly was desperate for company. Michael was growing busier by the day and was rarely seen at home, it was saddening to Polly but she was proud nonetheless, her son was becoming a great man. With Aurora staying with her it meant Polly was no longer lonely and she was able to keep an eye on her niece, in particular an eye on Tommy. If Aurora was here Polly would be able to keep Tommy at a distance. Aurora was doing well but Polly still didn't trust Tommy enough to not fill Aurora's head with shit and put the girl in a difficult situation. She wouldn't let him try to alter Aurora's decision not when she had been battling so hard with the consequences of it. Polly would make sure Aurora was alright during her visit and unmoved by Tommy's pretty blue eyes.

Aurora unaware of Polly's watchful eyes was enjoying her stay at her Aunts. Polly's home was quiet and peaceful and reminded Aurora so much of her own home only Polly's was far bigger. The house was still in Birmingham but tucked away from the dark sky's and troubles of Small Heath and it was precisely what Aurora needed. Lithe was now very close to giving birth and had spent the last day irritably pacing her stall while both Curly and Aurora tried their best to soothe her as best they could and get her as comfortable as possible. Tommy was yet to show his face in Charlie's yard and Aurora found herself glad of it, she was able to work without distraction. Yes she had managed to get through the meeting and yes she had helped him but that didn't mean Aurora was ready to be friends, she still found it hard to be around him so the more he was away during her stay the better she felt. She knew she would eventually have to see him again as Tommy was adamant on being there for the birth of the foal and Aurora couldn't bring herself to miss it either.

It was Monday now and Aurora was expecting the call from Charlie's yard to happen soon. She had spent the morning sat on the lounge chair by the telephone patiently waiting for it to ring, her heart leaping in excitement each time it did only for her to be let down. In the end Aurora had scanned Polly's book collection and picked one that would help her lose track of time. Settling back into the lounge chair Aurora let herself become lost within a sea of words until the real world had disappeared from her and she was transported into a knew one.

The sound of someone clearing their throat had Aurora falling back into reality and flinching slightly she closed the book and turned her head towards the door.
"Ello sister" Arthur smiled giving Aurora a small wave of his hand as he lingered in the door way for a moment before taking cautious steps into the room. In truth Arthur wasn't sure what to say to Aurora, he had came to see her specifically but he hadn't seen or spoken to her since she lost the baby. Arthur from being a young child was never good with words, in fact he was terrible with them and he feared he would say something wrong to Aurora, something that could cause her upset.
Letting out an excited squeal Aurora threw the book to the side and jumping up from her chair she rushed over to Arthur and pulled him into a hug. Arthur was one Shelby Aurora was always incredibly overjoyed to see, she adored him in every way and having not seen him in a while Aurora felt happier than usual.
"Arthur! It's so great to see you! Where 'ave you been?" Aurora exclaimed, squeezing him impossibly tight as she bounced on her heels.
"Workin' I was goin' to come see you but I didn't know if it was 'orright, I didn't want to intrude no while you were mourning" Arthur replied, a feeling of guilt hitting him. Whenever Arthur was in need of help Aurora was always the first one by his side, even before his own brothers.
"Arthur you're always welcome at my house, I told you that whenever you need to get away to just come up" Aurora chirped, finally releasing him. Despite experiencing the worst heartache Aurora had ever felt, she still would of welcomed Arthur into her home if he had came. Never did Aurora not want to help him or care for him and in truth she would of welcomed his company because helping him would of been helping her.
"I am sorry 'bout your loss Rora" Arthur whispered hesitantly thinking about the nephew he would never meet. Arthur had been told they called him Lewis, Lewis Shelby. It was a strong name, a fitting name to the little lion they had lost too soon.
"Thank you Arthur" Aurora managed to get out swallowing the lump in her throat before smiling once again and taking Arthur's hand "Come sit and 'ave a drink with me Arthur, I want to know everythin' that's been happening"