Mrs Shelby

Tommy Shelby was scared.
He could feel the snow beneath him, seeping through his pants yet he didn't dare move. Instead he waited, holding the ring up while Aurora decided on her answer. He'd spent the last few days preparing for the alternative outcome where she would refuse him but now he had proposed Tommy wasn't certain what he do if he were to be rejected. He wanted to marry her, it's all he'd wanted since their very first Christmas together. If Aurora's answer we're to be no, Tommy would accept it but it didn't mean he wouldn't be crushed.
"Oh Tommy" She whispered, her face a picture of awe as she struggled to find her words. Still he didn't say anything, he didn't try to push her into an answer.
The world around them held its breath for a long pause until finally a large smile graced Aurora's beautiful face and she began to softly nod her head, allowing the world and Tommy to exhale in relief.
"Yes.......I'll marry you Tom"
The answer he'd been waiting for had came and getting up from the floor, Tommy pulled Aurora and Charlie into a tight embrace, his lips covering every inch of Aurora's face as he laughed in joy, his body filled with buzzing excitement.
"You will?" He asked wanting to hear the answer slip from her beautiful lips again.
"Yes Tommy yes!" Aurora giggled capturing his lips with hers before pulled away and pulled the ring from the box, his hands trembling as he did so.
Discarding of the box back into his coat pocket, Tommy took Aurora's left hand and carefully began to run the ring up her finger. It was a perfect fit, he had no doubt that it would be perfect, he'd had it altered to fit her ring finger after all. Trying to take her finger measurement whilst she slept had proved to be quite the task but a worthwhile one. It was now hers, a piece of his Mum, a piece of his family.

"It's beautiful Tommy" Aurora remarked softly staring down at her newly decorated finger in admiration. Aurora Hayes, the woman who never wanted to be married was no someone's fiancé, she was going to be someone's wife.
"It was me Mum's, a gift from uncle Charlie back when they were younger. It was her favourite, she never took it off, said it didn't make her feel as trapped as me Dad's ring did. I've carried it around with me for nearly three years, waiting for the opportunity to gift it to you" He explained lifting her hand up to his lips and kissing the small sapphire that rested within the middle of the ring.
"I love it Tommy, I love you"
Placing Charlie in Tommy's arms, Aurora brought them into an embrace and rested her head against Tommy's chest. She could feel the pounding of his heart and knew hers was pounding just as wildly. Never did she think they'd both make it here, their love stronger than ever as they stepped into a new chapter. Lifting her hand, Aurora tickled Charlie under the chin and grinned.
"Hear that Charlie, there's goin' to be another Shelby wedding" She cooed unable to contain the happiness running through her, a stray tear falling from her eye the more overwhelmed she became.
"Tomorrow" Tommy muttered hesitantly and looking up with a startled stare, Aurora frowned in confusion. Had she heard him correctly? Tomorrow?
"Tomorrow Tommy?" She spoke her thoughts aloud "Did you say tomorrow?"
"In the event that you said yes I told Johnny Dogs to make his way up here this morning to ready himself for a ceremony tomorrow. I didn't want us to wait, I wanted to make you my wife as soon as I could and I know you don't like odd numbers so I thought why not the 24th?" Tommy confessed, a cheeky smirk lifting itself onto the corner of his mouth watching Aurora become lost for words once more.
"But we haven't planned anythin' Tom! Weddings take time to plan. I don't 'ave a dress or a ring for you, I 'ave nothing" She protested. Of course she wanted to marry Tommy as soon as she could but wasn't tomorrow too soon?
"You don't need anythin' mouse, I've sorted it all I promise. All you need to do is be here by 12 tomorrow afternoon in your best dress and boots to tackle the snow" He humoured with a reassuring wink and a kiss to her crown.

"What do you say mouse? Marry me, tomorrow?"

Looking up at him, Aurora let out a loud laugh and shook her head before turning to Charlie. Gently caressing his cheek she continued to laugh.
"Well Charlie me boy, looks like we're having a Shelby wedding tomorrow"
"Only if it makes you happy Aurora, we don't have to rush if you're not sure" Tommy offered giving her the opportunity to make her own mind up. He didn't want her to feel pushed into anything she wasn't ready for, they could always get married at a later date.
Lifting her other hand to place it on Tommy's cheek, she kissed the small scar that ran underneath his chin.
"Tommy I've never been more sure of anything in my life. We will get married tomorrow and then you'll be stuck with me for the rest of your life"
Wrapping his arm around her waist Tommy pulled Aurora into him and let out a sigh.
"I couldn't think of a better way to live than to be stuck with you mouse"