chapter twenty three

chapter twenty three ( Schuyler )

"Schuyler"

Allen's voice kept echoing in my head. I shook my head, trying to push away the thoughts in my head. But no, his voice was haunting me.

"Schuyler,"

and there it goes again.

"Schuyler!" the voice snapped. I turned my head to Allen who was looking at me with sharp eyes. "Are you seriously going to ignore a sick person here?" he asked, raising a brow at me.

I sighed. "You know you should actually stop shouting in the hospital, cause the nurse will really put you to sleep again, like when you started rampaging when they were giving you medications." I pointed out.

"I wouldn't call that a rampage," he said. "Although I don't actually remember doing that," he added with a shrug.

"Do you have an amnesia or something? Fever?" I asked, walking closer to his bed and placed my hand to his forehead, trying to feel if he has fever or not.

"That is not actually how you check if someone has an amnesia or not," Allen teased.

"I'm checking if you have a fever or not, you idiot!" I replied, embarrassed.

"Calling a patient an idiot is just so wrong." Allen said, clicking his tongue as he shook his head.

I frowned at him and huffed. "I'm going to get something to eat downstairs, do you want anything?" I asked, turning around to grab my wallet from my bag on the sofa behind me.

"Anything would be fine if you feed me," he replied cheekily.

My mouth dropped open as his words processed in my brain. "Your arms are fine so you don't need anyone feeding you," I replied, my face seemingly getting hotter as I stayed longer in the room. Do I have a fever?

Allen pouted. "The nurse would feed me if I ask them to," he said.

"Then go ask the nurse to feed you something!" I snapped. My eyed blinked rapidly, surprised at my sudden raise of anger. I didn't usually speak this was and just throw a joke back at him.

Are you jealous?

"I'll come back later," I muttered softly that I didn't think he heard what I just said. I walked out of the room embarrassed. I didn't know what exactly has gotten into me.

I closed the door behind me gently and kept my head down as I walked towards the stairs. I would usually take the elevator but I need to cool down my head and taking the stairs would take longer than the elevator and I needed that time.

What has gotten into me? I asked myself, groaning as I walked down the stairs. I swear if someone was with me they would think that I have a mental problem for talking to myself.

I started slightly getting used to talking to myself after meeting with Allen. It just didn't seem right that I talked about these stuff with Henry so I decided to just talk about it wit myself. Heather sometimes slips words out of her mouth so I don't really trust her with these feelings right now.

I reached the ground floor but it just didn't get off my mind too easily. Allen usually say those words to annoy me but this is just the first time that I felt affected with his words.

I walked towards the little cafe on the corner. I bumped into someone and I immediately bowed my head down, embarrassed of my action, and apologized sincerely to the person. "I'm really sorry, I should be looking at where I'm going.,"