chapter thirty two

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO [ SCHUYLER ]

I hummed to a song that got caught in my mind from the radio earlier. The day felt refreshing and peaceful as I walked passed the crowd of students. For the past month, I swear, if I were to walk alone inside school, they would have had my head in a platter the moment I walked in their way. I actually felt relieved that people weren't bothering me anymore.

Allen said that he had something to do and went somewhere together with Paul. It was very lonely without Heather and Allen together with me, but it was bearable. Like old times.

A few people tried to catch my attention as they waved and squealed at me. Guess Allen's very good at convincing people. Within two weeks, people started to accept the fact that we started dating and those people started increasing as time passes by.

"Schuyler!" A girl chirped. I turned to her direction and caught her waving at me happily. I smiled back to her weakly. I dug deep down my mind, trying to figure if I actually know her name - or if I actually know her. The blonde girl suddenly looped her arm into mine and grinned at me. "There's something I need you for,"

What? "Pardon?" I replied.

"You know your best friend - Andre," she sighed dreamily at the mere mention of his name. She looked at me, embarrassed, as she fiddled with her fingers. There was a faint shade of red slowly spreading on her cheeks up to her ears. "I was just thinking maybe you can-"

"You like him don't you?" I said, cutting her off with a smirk.

Her eyes widened, and cheeks turned much redder. "It's not like that," she muttered, playing with a strand of hair on her finger. "I just thought, maybe - maybe you can introduce us to each other," she squeaked.

Her once cheerful tone immediately changed at the mention of Andre's name. I turned my head to the side as a sudden thought came into mind. Do I actually act like that at the mention of Allen's name?

A picture of me playing with my hair and fiddling with my fingers popped out in my mind. My jaw dropped down at my imaginations. I shook my head and swatted the pictures away. "There's no way that would happen," I groaned.

The blonde let out a small shriek as she looked at me with teary eyes. My eyes widened as I panicked, she took it in the wrong way.

Of course, you suddenly shouted out so loudly. "I didn't mean it like that," I said. "I was just talking to myself. Of course, I'll help you get close to him." It would also be best for that guy. He never tried hooking up with any girls. Maybe I should actually help him out on that. "Will you tell me your name?"

"Allie," she said with a smile.

Allie.

Allen.

I smiled at her, embarrassed about myself that his face suddenly popped out into my mind at the mere mention of his name - which is not even his name. Gosh, this is making me look like a love sick puppy. I groaned inwardly. Allie turned to look at me and tilted her head to the side like a confused kid. "So-"

"I'll definitely help you," I grinned at her. She nodded and jumped happily, she said something about needing to go to her next class before the warning bell rings and waved at me goodbye before leaving me once again alone in the hallways.