chapter thirty

chapter thirty [Schuyler]

I pushed the cart through the hallways of the supermarket. I glanced around the area, searching for something suitable for dinner. Allen was roaming around, leaving me alone to shop for his things.

It was better that way. The drive to here was terribly awkward since I remember everything that happened the night I was drunk.

"Allen, kiss me," my own voice echoed in my head as I remember the embarrassing words that came out of my mouth. I groaned to myself as I bumped my head with my palm continuously, wanting to bury myself deep down below land.

I walked towards the fruits section and searched for fresh fruits around. What was Allen's favorite fruit anyway?

"Strawberries," a voice answered. I could feel someone breathing beside my ears. I flinched and accidentally elbowed the man standing behind me. I heard a growl behind me. I immediately turned around, planning to apologize. But the intent vanished as soon as it came. "Allen, what were you doing?" I asked in a scolding voice.

Allen pouted at me. "You don't even apologize for elbowing me on the rib?" he whined, slowly standing up, grabbing the cart for support.

"Sorry," I muttered, holding his arm to support him. I notice a faint smirk on his face. I lost my balance when he suddenly tackled me from the back. "Allen what the hell are you doing," I cursed, as I tried to regain my composure as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, hugging me for support.

"You hit me on the rib and I just felt like I needed your support, cloudy," he pouted at me.

"That face is seriously not going to word twice," I muttered. Although I completely knew that that face of his has a large affect on me.

He shrugged as I rolled my eyes at him. He turned around the corner, pushing the cart along with him. I huffed and grabbed the most fresh looking strawberries from the counter and stuffed them inside a plastic bag. I stared at the screen of the weighing scale as the man weighed the strawberries and printed out the price, sticking it to the plastic. I muttered a thank you before jogging towards the corner where Allen turned.

I sighed in relief when I noticed that there was no changes on the items on the cart. I didn't trust Allen to shop alone, especially since he's wanting to buy every single thing he sees around. I dropped the strawberries inside the cart gently as he continued pushing.

"What else do you need?" I asked Allen, taking out the list we made before leaving the house. I crossed out the word fruits and flipped to the next page. "We already got all the things on the list, do you still need to buy something?"

He shook his head and turned to me, stopping on his feet. "How about you? Don't you need to shop for your things?"

"I don't need anything, besides, I'll be going hope in the next few days," I replied.

"No, I mean, don't you need any personal things?"

"What personal things?"

Allen averted his gaze and stared at the stacks of boxes on his right. I saw a hint of red on his ears. "I mean, don't you need those things, when it's your day," he said, embarrassed.

I flushed when I realized what he was exactly talking about. "I-I already have those," I muttered. He nodded and pushed the cart forward again. He was muttering something about always saying embarrassing things in front of me as he walked.

I scoffed and shook my head at him. He was definitely not the only one. I did almost all of the embarrassing things I could do in a whole year in just a week with him.