chapter eleven

chapter eleven

I duck my head down as I passed by the hallways in the school. Words must've gone out about what happened the other day, you know how they work. Gossips run around in a speed of light - no maybe faster.

If there was a single soul who was us together last time, today will be my last day alive. Mess with the popular, and you'll know what you get.

"Psst!"

"Shut up, André, trying to hide myself from everybody here," I muttered, gesturing for my best friend to go away from my back.

He poked his head closer to me and cocked it to the side. "Who're you hiding from?"

"More like what," I scoffed.

Heather must've not told André about the double date last time and about her getting together with my brother. He knows about her crush though. André wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Now, tell me, little girl, what happened?"

"I'm older than you that two months and you're calling me a little girl? Seriously, Andy?"

"To be exact, a month and three days," he stated matter-of-fact. "And you're smaller that me," he added, gesturing that my head was just leveled with his eyes.

"You and your growth spurts," I mumbled.

"You're just jealous that I am tallest than you," he said smugly.

"You're such a gay," I said, poking him on the rib.

He flinched. "Gay as in always happy, of course I am, I'm not always grumpy like you, little girl," he teased, ruffling my hair.

"Gosh! What's with you and Heather ruining my hair? I even had someone to fix it for me last time," I groaned. I shoved the classroom door open and dropped all my books on my desk.

André pulled over the chair in front of me and sat on it, facing me. "Who fixed it for you?" he asked as I straightened the parts where the strands knotted up.

"I'll answer your questions later, I need to finish my essay today,"

"Oh the nerd forgot to do her home works?" he teased before standing up with a smug face, walking to his seat which was on the opposite corner of the classroom.

I had the back seat near the windows in ever class. Looking outside calms me down. I heard the chair beside me scrape and giggles of two girls.

I groaned and duck my head down while writing my essay. I faced towards the wall, head resting on my arm on the table. "Look the nerd is sleeping," a girl giggled.

"Don't mind her, Delilah, let her be," a familiar voice countered. Allen sat beside me, in all our classes together, which was most of them. I groaned inwardly at the annoying voice of Delilah. She kept on giggling on a few things Allen said, that I obviously didn't find funny or worth laughing for.

I sighed and raised my head from my desk. Hopefully if they notice that I was not sleeping, they would keep quiet for a few seconds.

I saw the girl Delilah move her way on Allen's lap from the corner of my eye. This guy have the nerves to ask me out with other girls literally throwing themselves at him. She kissed him on the neck, moving up towards his jaw to his cheek. Allen stopped her before she could kiss him on the lips.

"Careful on the lips, it's precious," he said, turning to my direction and caught me glancing at them. He winked at my direction and I felt heat rise up to my face.

"Let me kiss you properly," she whined, straddling the poor guy on the chair.

"It's reserved now," he commented with a smirk. My heart skipped a beat, I was obviously not the only person he kissed so why stop her now. He definitely need the attention every girl gives her.