chapter three

chapter three

I rested my elbow on the table. No matter how hard I complained to Mr. Carter that I didn't want to be seated beside this jerk, I still ended up seated beside him.

I saw him smirking at my direction from the corner of my eye.

I groaned, this is going to be the worst subject of the day. "What do you want?" I hissed as I turned to his direction.

He shrugged as an amused smile played on his lips. "Like I said, I want you to date me," he answered innocently as if he was just asking me to help him on a homework.

"You have other girls you can play with out there," I told him.

"Everybody knows that, Captain Obvious," he stated. "But I don't want them. I want you,"

"The two of you, save the flirt for later," a new voice interrupted. I turned up to see Mr. Carter smiling mischievously at our direction. I scowled at him, like he would care. "As I was saying, I will be pairing you guys for our next biology activity. We will be dissecting frogs."

A few groans came from the cheerleaders in the middle row of the classroom. "But we already did that during our sophomore year," one complained as she raised her hand.

Mr. Carter nodded. "Yes that's true. But remember when I asked you what you expect on this school year," everybody nodded in answer and muttered yes. "You see, majority of the class wanted to dissect again."

I frowned. Who the hell didn't want to do it again? Though I seriously pity the frog since it will end up dying in the end. Looking back to sophomore year, one of my classmates, Marcus, actually tortured the poor little thing.

Boys pumped their fist in the air in excitement. "Hell yeah!" one shouted.

Mr. Carter chuckled at them. "Although you guys are actually excited, if I were you, I would still watch my mouth," he stated a little harshly. "Your partners with be the one seated on your left. I should be pairing you boy to girl, but maybe this will be more amusing."

Mr. Carter just started working here last year, but he's already loved by the students in Addison High. Well, maybe the cheerleaders will be disliking him from now on, since dissection is their most dreaded activity.

"Nice to meet you, partner," a voice suddenly interrupted.

"If it wasn't for my grade, I would be skipping this subject every day," I turned to hiss at him and returned my gaze to the blackboard.

Mr. Carter wrote out some procedure that we'll be doing for today. "During your sophomore year, the frog you dissected was sleeping, yeah it sucks," he commented. "This time, you'll be dissecting them awake, just don't make them jump around and use up much of your time during my subject."

The school already provided the frogs today. Obviously, they already saw some students skipping through this class so they planned ahead of time.

"Face your partners and stick your tables together so there will be more space," Mr. Carter instructed. "Someone help me get the frogs in the storage room." he said as he walked towards the room behind us.

I huffed and raised myself from my chair. I rotated it to face it to Allen's. I dropped in not-too-gently, hoping that it would actually land on his toes. I sighed and sat back.

Allen smirked at me. "Too desperate to see me up close, aye."

I snorted, "Don't be flattered with your own words, stupid," I commented.

Someone cleared their throat. We looked up to the man standing beside our table. Mr. Carter smirked at the two of us. "How many times do I have to tell you that keep the flirting for later?"