chapter twenty

chapter twenty (Allen)

I swiped the screen of my phone to and fro, staring at the images that I received recently. I smirked at one where Schuyler was making flushing red. I don't know when Kaito actually took these shots, but they were seriously advantageous for blackmailing.

I chose one of the most decent picture where both of us where smiling, but not looking to the camera and set it as my home and lock screen.

Guess I'm starting to feel what guys in love feel.

"What are you smirking at?" a voice asked smugly. Paul continued poking me on the arm annoyingly and waggled his eyebrows at me. He can seriously be a girl sometimes.

Ok, that's a lie. He always acts like a little girl in love. I don't know who actually caught his eye, but hey, I'm just here to support him whoever that lucky lady would be. He never told me who the girl actually is, he has been secretive all this time.

When the time actually comes, he might actually tell me who this girl is.

"What's with your phone?" Paul asked innocently continuing to poke me on the arm. Then to the rib.

"Fuck," I gasped when he poked me on my soft spot. I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled him closer to me. "Stop now or I'll strangle you death," I threatened.

He rolled his eyes at me and grabbed my arm before throwing it off of him. "Like you would, you would miss me."

"Who says?"

"You're not worth it, who says you're the only one that's hurtin', trust me..."

"Ass, stop singing. It doesn't suit you." I groaned, covering both my ears.

"...that's the price of beauty! You're so hurtful," he stopped and pouted at me.

"I never asked you to sing, did I?" I countered. "Where are we even going?"

Paul continued on driving straight. Honestly, I didn't where we actually were going, but my guts tell me that this will not be fun. "You'll know when we reach the place," he snickered sinisterly.

He reached for the radio and changed the station while his other hand held the wheel tightly and professionally. The song "At the Beginning" from the Disney movie started playing.

Paul hummed through the intro and started singing when the song started. "We were strangers, starting out on journey. Never dreaming what we had to go through. Allen sing along!"

"There's no way I'm singing with you," I said.

"... At the beginning with you," he continued.

I sighed and stared out to the window. The rain was falling hard. I couldn't help but stare at the little droplets of water sliding down the car's windows. Before I knew it, I was already humming to the song as Paul continued singing.

"And life is a road that I wanna keep going. Love is a river I wanna keep flowing. Life is road, now and forever, wonderful journey..."

"I'll be there when the world stops turning, I'll be there when the storm is through. In the end I wanna be standing at the beginning with you," I continued softly.

I suddenly heard a familiar giggle from somewhere. Paul and I were alone in the car so I didn't really know where that laugh came from. "I never thought that you actually sing, Allie."

I looked towards the dashboard and noticed that Paul's phone was on call. Schuyler's name popped out on the screen. I turned to glare at Paul and he just shrugged at me. He stepped on the breaks as the stoplight turned red.