chapter two

chapter two

I looked at him blankly. His hands were still resting on my shoulder, preventing me from running away from him or punching him in the guts.

"Excuse me?"

His eyebrows furrowed, creases forming on his forehead. His brown eyes studied me with amusement. "Are you deaf or just plainly stupid? I said-"

I waved my hand in front of him. "I heard what you said, stupid."

"Then why are you asking me to repeat?" he asked innocently.

Seriously? Who wouldn't get taken aback from the biggest player in your school confessing to one of the commoners? We were completely on two different standards in our school. He was on the top with the different cliques that formed with the past few years.

I was well, in the lower groups or maybe the lowest actually - where all the smart ass people are in.

"So what's your answer?" he asked impatiently.

"No." I said confidently.

I'm so not dating him. There was no chance that I was actually going to be dating him. "And why is that?" he asked with a frown. "Every girl would die to be in your place."

"Well, I'm not every girl," I countered.

I turned around and tried to flip my hair dramatically, but eventually failed. I called André and got his attention from Allen. I ran towards him and smirked. "Are you eyeing on him?" I asked teasingly.

His eyes widened in my question. "What? No!" he defended himself panicky. André knew what was going next.

"Are you gay?"

He sighed. "Yes."

"Yes?" I echoed. Wait, don't tell me that my friend is really gay. Not that I'm against gays and lesbians, it's just that suddenly knowing that my friend is a gay just shocked me.

"In your dreams, cloudy," he chuckled heartily.

"Cloudy?" I echoed again.

"Are you turning into a parrot?" he asked amusedly. "You keep on repeating every word that I say,"

I ignored him and glanced back to where Allen was once standing. He's not there anymore, I sighed in relief. What the freaking hell was he planning by suddenly confessing.

There was obviously something fishy with this.

"Hash, earth to Hash." André chirped in a girly voice, waving a hand in front of my face. I turned to him, snapping out of my thoughts on what just happened. "What are you thinking with that serious face of yours?" he asked, flicking my forehead.

"Nothing," I muttered.

The two of us walked back to the cafeteria silently. André tried to start a conversation, but I was too preoccupied with the confession that nothing processed in my mind. It turned out that André thought that I was ignoring him, but honestly, I am.

I tried to snap my thoughts away from what he suddenly said and just concentrate on what's happening right now.

Last period was on in the blink of an eye. The subjects after lunch passed by in the speed of light. I wasn't able to take in what the teachers assigned.

I just knew that we have to submit an essay in Literature tomorrow from Heather. If it weren't for her, then I would've missed the due date.

Science was our last subject. No matter how lucky I seem to be, Allen Xavier is in this class. When I arrived in the classroom, he was already there sitting on the back corner end of the classroom.