chapter twenty two

chapter twenty two ( Schuyler )

My hands start to shake continuously. I didn't know what to do. I started walking back and forth around the sofa. Kaito turns to look at suspiciously from the kitchen.

"What's wrong?" he asked worriedly. He immediately let go of everything he was holding and started walking towards my direction.

I looked at him, and I saw Allen through him. It made me more desperate to go to him. I didn't know where he was, I would obviously go to him if I knew where he actually was.

I looked down to the screen of my phone, silently hoping that he would call again and say that he was just joking.

No, he wouldn't make a joke like that.

He wouldn't scare someone to death.

He's not even a good actor to be able to act like that.

"Hey," Kaito started awkwardly. "Hey hey hey, what's wrong?" he asked, pulling me to his arms and caressed my hair continuously.

"Allen," I muttered, tears threatening to fall. I sniffed against his shirt.

They're brothers yet they have a different smell, I thought to myself. Everything is reminding me about him.

Why is it like that?

Will that be the last time I would actually hear his voice again?

"What's wrong with Allen?" he asked once more.

"I don't know," I trailed. "I was talking to him a few minutes ago. He was still laughing... And before I knew it, he was groaning in pain. A car honked at him and there was a loud crashing sound, I don't know,"

Kaito pulled me closer into his arms and told me that everything will be alright and we will be seeing him soon.

What will happen to him?

"How about we go to the nearest hospital? He might be there waiting for us to pick him up," Kaito suggested. I nodded eagerly and grabbed my coat from the couch and snatching my car keys in the pocket.

"Wait, you're not driving in that condition," he scolded, putting out his hands waiting for me to give him the keys. "We won't check on him if you're going to drive,"

"Fine," I huffed and threw him the keys. He shrugged and played the keys on his index finger as he walked towards the door. I followed him out, locking the door behind me.

Kaito drove in silence. I leaned my head against the cool window wondering how Allen is. If he was alright. "How do we even know where we'll be able to find him?" I asked Kaito.

He kept his eyes straight on the road and just smiled at me. "I tracked his phone."

I smiled weakly at him. If I was in the mood to joke around, then I would've called him a stalker.

Kaito continued driving and stopped in front of the hospital. There was an ambulance that was parked in front of us. The doors were wide open, but there was no one inside. There was a bloody cloth that was thrown on the floor and my heartbeat suddenly started beating faster.

I turned to Kaito and he just nodded at me without saying anything. I nodded back and unbuckled my seatbelt hurriedly. I opened the door hastily and slammed it behind me, I'll just apologize about that later.

The doors were wide open. I ran inside and got a few looks from the nurses and doctors standing near the counter. I stopped beside them and grabbed the wooden table, huffing heavily.