chapter nine

chapter nine

"Heather! How long do you need to take before you finish fixing yourself?" I complained, jumping off from the guest room's bed.

Heather and Allen decided to stay over for the night, no, mom practically demanded for them to stay. We are going to the amusement park today, getting as cliche as it could be. The only reason is because Heather and Henry loved the amusement park, no matter how many times they went there.

Being the good little sister and best friend that I am, I had to go too. I hated heights and most of the rides consists of taking off from the floor. I'm definitely going to loose ten years of my life today.

I straightened my sun dress and took a quick glance on the mirror for my hair. My mousy brown hair was tied up into a messy bun, my dress was white with flowery patterns on it.

"How do I look?" Heather asked. She was wearing a dress, lavender one with black lace on the hem, that reaches one inch above her knee. Her hair was curled on the tips and she applied light make up on her face and a little pinch of perfume here and there.

I scrunched my nose. I never liked the smell of perfume, it hurts my nose. "Even if you don't fix yourself, you still look pretty you know,"

"Thank you, baby girl, come here so I can ruffle your hair," she said with a smug face. She stood up and walked to my direction.

I followed my instincts and ran out of the room as fast as lighting, like flash. Heather was on my heels when I stomped down the stairs. The two boys sitting on the sofa turned to look at me with confused faces.

Allen smirk almost instantly, taking in my clothes. What a pervert. Henry looked at us - no, at Heather, worriedly, hoping that she wouldn't suddenly trip on her on feet, like how she usually does when she runs.

"What are you two doing?" Henry asked, standing up from the sofa and turned to us.

"Henry, please save me from her," I pleaded as we circled around the sofa. Being the big brother that he is, he just laughed at us and looked at us amusingly like we were a dog and car on chase.

Heather caught up to me immediately when I stopped by at Henry and asked for his help. Her arm draped around my neck from the back as she started ruffling my hair.

I groaned in annoyance as I squirmed out of her hands. Call her a girl, but her strength is for a men. She laughed and let me go.

I huffed in annoyance and crossed my arms over my chest childishly. "You look beautiful," Allen commented with a smirk on her face. Heather made the aiyeee sound.

"Should I take that as a compliment or an insult?" I grumbled, taking off the tie on my hair and finger-combing it.

"Compliment,"

"Then I'm taking it as an insult, thank you very much," I replied. "I'm going back up to fix my hair because of a certain someone,"

"No time, Sky, we need to be there before lunch, I already reserved our seats on the nearest restaurant there and they're taking off the reservation at exact twelve,"

"But-"

"No buts," he replied smugly.

I huffed and muttered fine under my breath. The two of them probably planned all of this. Heather and Henry walked out of the house side-by-side.

Allen stayed inside with me. "Do you have a comb? I can fix your hair in the car if you want," he suggested embarrassedly.

He followed me as I made my way for the door. He's embarrassed. "You know how to fix girl's hairs?" - he nodded in answer - "You probably do it to your girlfriends," I joked.