chapter sixteen

chapter sixteen

The whole class split into groups of four or five. I was with Allen, Heather and Paul, Delilah wanted to be in our group, but Allen declined almost immediately he asked then shooed her away.

Heather and Paul snickered beside us when Delilah grumbled something under her breathe and I flinched when she sent me death glares and some curses under her breath.

I sighed when cool wind brushed through my skin. Heather shivered beside me. We were standing on top of a broken wheel in front of a metal bar in line with our chests. The floor beneath the wheels were completely muddy. I need to balance myself on top of it so I won't be all muddy after the game.

Allen stood in front of me with a smirk on his face. Paul looked uneasy, grabbing on the metal bar to balance himself.

A woman with her blonde hair slid into her cap clapped her hands to get our attention. "So this is more of a team building activity. I want you guys to transfer the water from the first pail to her next pail. You guys will be using a basin with holes on its base to transfer the water. It doesn't really matter how long you take, but the shorter the better and it actually means that you guys have teamwork."

Paul stood on the first wheel, Heather on the opposite side of his. Another pair stood before Allen and I. Allen smirked in front of me and leaned forward as if he was standing on a straight surface. "How about we make a deal," he said, raising a brow at me. "You won't pour the water all over me in exchange that I also won't do it to you."

I nodded in answer. "Sounds fine to me." I didn't want to get all wet on the first activity. Besides, I only have a few change of clothes, after borrowing other extra one from Heather.

The moment the basin was balanced on the bar, I heard Heather scream in annoyance. Paul snickered in front of her when the water splashed to her direction.

Allen immediately caught the basin in his hands and instructed his friend to fill it once more. Heather grumbled something under her breath and pulled her away from her skin. Thankfully she wasn't wearing a white clothing.

Heather hands wrapped around the basin before Paul could even push it once more. She threatened to push it towards his side but he immediately pushed it against him.

She scowled at Paul and passed the basin towards the next pair. They easily passed the basin to us and we caught it in our hands before it spills. The basin shook a little against the uneven bar and threatened to spill.

Allen gaped softly and pushed it towards the next pair almost immediately before the water spilled. A few droplets splashed beside me and I sighed when it didn't hit me.

The moment Heather and Paul stopped fooling around, the flow went faster and we finished almost immediately. The girl told us that we finished as one of the fastest on different classes.

Unbelievable. Imagine how many times the water spilled to the ground and where half of the water is the only thing left inside the basin and we still are one of the fastest.

Maybe there's something wrong with her timer.

The blonde girl gestured for us to follow her after we get off the wheel. I jumped off easily as the girl beside me fell on her butt on the mud. She yelped and groaned that that was her favorite jeans and stuff.

I walked around the bar and followed the steps of the people in front of me. An arm wrapped itself around my shoulder. I already got the feeling who the person was, cause he was the only one who does these things.

"I thought the place was all muddy," he said disappointedly.

"Yeah, it is. Just wait and you'll be around your love," I replied.