epilogue

My fingers worked on Allie's brunette locks,  braiding them just like how she wanted, while she combed the hair of her doll sitting on her lap. I pulled her into a hug once I finished and pressed a kiss on the crown of her head.

"Uncle Kai is waiting for you," I whispered in her ear and gave her a slight push.

She giggled and jumped off the bed, skipping out of her bedroom. I stood up from the bed and smoothed out the sheets of her pink bed. I grabbed all her toys scattered on top of her bed and placed them back inside her treasure chest full of toys from Kaito.

I raised my head when there was a sudden knock on the door. Allen smiled at me with the back of his fist still on the wooden door. He spread out his arms and gestured for me to come to him.

I shook my head at him with a smile, wrapping my arms once he was in front of me. He pressed my head against his chest, placing a hand soothingly on the back of my head. "I missed you," he whispered to my ear, his head resting on my shoulder.

I pulled out and punched him on the arm playfully. "You were just out in the kitchen for the past hour," I teased, rolling my eyes at him.

He pouted. "You spent the whole morning with Allie and there I was in the kitchen, cooking."
I patted him on the with a smile on my face. "That's why I love you."

"You love Allie more than me," he countered.

"Of course," I said. "She's my number one girl."

"And I'm your number one man," he said, puffing out his chest and pointed his nose up.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'.

He gave me a face. "I feel like you just married me because I cook for you."

"Maybe," I said with a shrug, walking past him from the door.

He pulled out his hand to block my way. I turned to him, raising a brow, just as he turned to look at me. He looked at me with a grin and pinched my cheeks. "No matter how much you deny it, I know you love me," he said with a chuckle.

"Go back in the room if you're going to flirt with each other."

We both turned to look at Kaito with Allen making a face. "Shut up." He said.

"Pure innocent eyes here," he said, gesturing at Allie propped up on his shoulder and to himself.

"Innocent," Allen scoffed, rolling his eyes at his older brother. "Allie, baby, come here," he said, crouching down, reaching out both arms.

Allie patted Kai on the head, demanding for her uncle to put her down. I laughed at the two of them just as Kai refused to put her down teasingly and Allie trashed over his shoulders, demanding and screaming to be placed back on the floor. "Fine, fine," Kai said in surrender, putting her down.

She immediately ran to Allen's arms and hugged her father tightly. "She loves me more," Allen said proudly, looking at Kaito with confidence.

"Duh, you're the father," Kaito countered, muttering incoherent words under his breathe as he walked towards the kitchen. I turned to smile at the father-and-daughter pair as they joked with each other. Allen pinched the three year old's cheek just as she did to her father.