chapter twenty seven

chapter twenty seven [ Allen ]

At first Schuyler was getting all the looks because of her weird clothing, but now she was being stared at by the guys in awe. There were some men who tried hooking themselves with her, not even noticing me standing beside her.

Was I really nothing standing next to her?

I turned to glare at the men who wolf whistled when we passed by. One of them nudged the other and decided to retreat before something happens. Not that I was going to punch them in the face because they whistled.

Men were staring at her in lust as we passed by them. I turned to look at Schuyler - she doesn't seem affected with all these - maybe I was the only one affected.

It's not like she's my girlfriend that I needs to protect her from all these people. That's right. I shouldn't mind about these things. Wasn't I also the same as them? Trying to catch the attention of Schuyler all these times.

You're just jealous, my mind snickered.

Maybe I actually am.

I placed my arm over Schuyler's shoulder and pulled her closer to my side. "What are you dong!" Schuyler hissed, turning to look at me. I knew that she was not hating it. The blush on her face says everything.

"Nothing," I said smugly. "It's not like you don't feel anything for me, you even accepted being my Valentine," I added.

"It's because I had nothing to do," she countered, blushing even more. "It would be rude to reject a sick person, you know."

"I know you're not the type of person to play with the feelings of a person," I said. Like me, who played with your feelings.

Besides, she already told that she liked me when I was all weak in the hospital when she first visited. I smirked to myself at the memory. Maybe I would get a better chance to have her if I asked her to be my girlfriend right now.

"Why are you smirking," Schuyler suddenly asked, snapping me out of my train of thoughts. "Did something good happen to you?"

"Definitely," I replied, ruffling her hand with my hand. "But it's not for you to know, maybe I'll tell you about it next time,"

"I don't need to know about it," she said, slipping out of my hands. She turned towards me and frowned. "Where do you even want to go next? It's already starting to turn dark. You bought me clothes, we ate lunch together, we already watched movies, what's next?"

"I don't really know," I replied innocently.

"You told me that you wanted to spend the whole day with me and you had nothing planned," she laughed. "You should've just asked for the half of today,"

"No. Who wouldn't want to spend the whole day with the person they have feelings for?" I countered defensively, scratching the back of my neck for suddenly blurting out something embarrassing.

"Yeah right," she retorted, turning around immediately, avoiding my eyes. She always does that when she's embarrassed. I smirked to myself.

"Hey! How about we go see the nigh view from dinner?" I suggested, jogging towards Schuyler's side and looking to her face. She turned to me grumpily as I raised my brow at her.

"Whatever," she muttered.

I enveloped Schuyler's small hand into mine unknowingly. I turned to face the other side embarrassedly when she suddenly turned to me. Schuyler tightened her grip on my hand gently.

I smiled to myself, wanting to dance freely from the happiness. I can definitely consider this as one of the most happiest memories of my teen life.