chapter four

chapter four

I crossed my arms over my chest as Allen did all the work in our dissecting project. I admit that I didn't want to kill the little amphibian with my own hands, but seriously? All he asked me to do was pull the skin up so he can cut it.

I sighed deeply and just stared at him while doing his work. With his goggles on and his lab coat, he actually looked kind of professional in tense things. He suddenly groaned and ruffled his hair with his clean hand.

I smiled, he actually looked cute. Wait what? No the frog actually looked cute.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer," a voice said. I turned up to see Allen smirking at my direction.

I scowled at him. "Just do your work, jerk."

"Actually, this jerk here is helping you pass your project grade," he said honestly.

True. But I could actually do this job even without him as my partner. It would've been better if he wasn't my partner in this.

"Cat got your tongue?" he asked amusedly.

"Actually, I just decided not to response, stupid," I countered with a frown.

He smirked. "That's your name spelled backwards," he said flatly.

I blinked a few times, seriously? I spelled my name backwards inside my head. I scowled at him when I noticed his smirk. "Jerk," I muttered.

"That's already old," he scoffed.

"Isn't calling me stupid already old," I retorted. "I think you actually have a suck-ish dictionary in that head of yours."

He raised a brow challengingly. "I have lots of insults suited for you in this head of mine."

"Show me," I replied challengingly.

"Dimwit, stupid, idiot, ass-kisser, jerk, asshole, dickhead, dipshit,"he stated matter-of-factly.

Mr. Carter's bell suddenly dinged. "Group 7, I believe that this is supposed to be a biology period, not an insulting period," he said threateningly, yet amusement in his voice.

Every one in the room turned to look at us. Some girls sent me death glares and guys just snickered at my direction. I turned to Nate and sent him a help-me look.

He smirked and just shrugged at me. He was also Allen's friend. Well his bet friend, and my friend actually.

"Back to work," Mr. Carter announced. He jumped off the table and started walking around the classroom. I just sat back to the plastic chair of the laboratory as Allen returned to his little friend.

"You know I could actually use some help in answering the worksheet," he suddenly said, cutting of the silence between us.

He pushed the worksheets towards my direction. There were a few blood stains in the paper, I frowned at him. Mr. Carter made it clear that he wanted the paper in the same condition as when he gave them to us.

He just shrugged at me. "A deduction for cleanliness isn't a big deal,"

Allen was actually one of the smartest in our year. No, he was the top student. Though he's all troublesome, Addison High can't kick him out cause they need him. He might've done a few vandalisms here and there, but they don't give a shit about it.

If they kick him out, it will be over for the school.

I sighed and glanced over the worksheet. I clicked my pen and started scribbling down the answers. It was the external parts of the frog. It was the same illustration as the one in sophomore year but this time there was no choices.