chapter fifteen

chapter fifteen

Heather decided to leave me during our bus ride to some unknown mountain for our fired trip. I sighed when I climbed up the vibrating vehicle. Heather sat beside Paul - they had a smirk on both of their faces.

I glanced around and searched for a vacant seat from the aisle. It's not like the whole class will be occupying the whole bus. I dropped my khaki colored backpack on the aisle sit and sat on the window seat, resting my chin on my arm the moment I sat down.

Heather sat on the seat across from me - at least we were still near each other. Maybe I should take a picture of Heather sitting with another guy to Henry and she'll learn not to leave me for sitting next to another person while she has a boyfriend.

She waved at me giddily when I glanced to her direction. Paul nodded at me slightly, acknowledging my presence and I nodded back, completely ignoring my best friend. She tried catching my attention a few times, but decided to stop when people looked at her annoyingly.

Someone cleared their throat. I glanced over to the aisle and raised a brow at him. "This seat is taken, don't even try," I told Allen who was pointing to my bag.

"I never thought that bags need chairs to sit on," he retorted. I laughed sarcastically at him and muttered the word funny. He just gave me a straight look and waited for me to take off my bag.

There's obviously other seats there, so why is he sitting beside me? Delilah literally shooed every single person - friend or not - who tried to sit beside her, and said that it was reserved for someone special.

They were obviously close friends enough to date so why won't he just sit beside her. I felt something land on my head and I let out a groan. I grabbed my bag before it would even fall to the ground. For goodness sake, I have my phone and wallet in there.

Please, it's not like your wallet will break from a slight fall. And who puts their phone on their bag?

People, not you, I retorted to my subconscious mind, now shut up and give me peace for at least a few minutes.

"Thank you," Allen commented sarcastically and sat on the aisle seat beside me. His backpack with a similar color to mine resting on his lap as he put on his headphones. "Wake me up when we reach our destination," he informed me before drooping to his la-la-land.

I rolled my eyes at him. Like I'm going to wake you up, ha. I returned to staring at the window until the bus started moving. A lady in black buttoned up shirt and white shorts stood behind the driver's seat. Her slim arms wrapped around the silver pole beside her.

She swayed uneasily every time the bus runs through a rocky rode. "So I'm going to be your guide for today," the blonde said. She stared to our seats flirty, eyeing on the sleeping Allen. She started explaining about the place we will be going to will be muddy and stuffs, but I decided to just ignore whatever she was explaining. I just need to catch up later.

I fought the urge to wake Allen up and tease him about a sort of middle-aged woman eyeing on him. "Your homeroom teacher is absent today, so I'll be taking care of the class today," a familiar voice announced through the mic.

Allen flinched and his eyes abruptly opened. His eyes grew wider when he noticed who was talking at the moment. "What is that bastard doing here," he groaned, massaging his temples with his hands.

"Kaito?" I asked. "It seems like Cross is absent so he's taking his place as our chaperone."

"And I thought that I would get to spend another peaceful day without him," he whined. He turned to me and pouted, his face showing that he wanted to leave the bus immediately.